R

Retro Renovation® by Wilsonart boomerang laminate — now available online at Home Depot

retro renovation home depotboomerang laminate home depotboomerang laminate wilsonartboomerang laminateBreaking News: Wilsonart just let me know that our new Retro Renovation® by Wilsonart boomerang laminates — all seven colorways — are available via Home Depot including online. Prices appear to be the best I’ve ever seen for Wilsonart Virtual Design Library laminates — and shipping is free to store correction: free to your home! To get to the laminates, I went to HomeDepot.com then searched Retro Renovation Wilsonart. The laminates came right up.

For this story, I took screen shots of the available sizes. A 48″x 96″ (4′ x 8′) sheet is $123.36, while a 60″ x 144″ (5′ x 12′) sheet is $231.29.

As usual, though, if you want to see samples first (please, do, before ordering), you get them free online directly from >> Wilsonart’s Virtual Design Library.

And note: On the Wilsonart VDL site, the laminates are listed as available in both Vertical (thinner, for walls, backsplashes, etc., I guess) and Horizontal (thicker, for countertops) applications. Check your order before you throw down that credit card! I looked at a couple of the Home Depot listings — they all seem to be for the Horizonal/countertop application; again, though, do your own checking!

retro boomerang laminate

Read all the stories about the new collection, “Retro Renovation® by Wilsonart,” here.

Disclosure: I want readers to know: I do not make money if you buy this laminate; “the deal” that I have with Wilsonart includes other elements of consideration. For example, on Feb. 1 they launched an advertisement on the blog, for which Retro Renovation is compensated. So, I do not have any incremental financial reason to promote the laminates in this collection over other options — see all our research on countertop options to find the product that’s right for you! – Publisher Pam.

CategoriesCountertops
  1. pam kueber says:

The finish on the laminates in Wilsonart’s VDL lines is matte. I just looked online an you can only get Formica’s boomie in matte finish, too. If designs are “nichy” then manufacturers may limit options in order to reduce complexity.

If you order stock laminates, they may be available with more finishes, including high gloss…

Back in the day, there were a variety of finishes — matte and gloss and Furniture and even “cigarette proof”. Furniture Finish – a very high gloss that was actually hand-sanded-and-buffed in the factory. Cigarette proof had a layer of aluminum or something like that under the deco paper.

For a glossy boomerang, take a look at the Vitros available via deabath.com (and perhaps others). I am told they are glossy, not matte.

2. Sean says:

I wonder if you could coat the Laminate with a few coats of high-gloss Polyurethane to get a shiny smooth finish? I know during my many years of doing “period” restorations, ya gotta get creative and be open to experimenting a bit to make things look right!

3. pam kueber says:

If you want to try this, I would suggest asking Wilsonart what they think and whether they have any specific recommendations that would work with the manufactured finish.

4. Cassandra says:

Hey,

I’m debating using this in my kitchen in the future (probably the aqua) but I’m having trouble picturing it. Have you guys received submissions from readers who’ve used your laminate?

5. Rick G says:

I know I’m Really late with this reply !! …. but I want to let everyone know, that when I ordered our Retro renovation Wilsonart laminate ( directly from them ) ……. I was able to get ours in gloss; even though they were just showing the matte finish as the only option !!! – so ….. If that’s a deal breaker – ask them & order that gloss !!!

6. Col says:

I have been searching for the White laminex with the gold fleck sparkle through it , I am restoring a 1962 house and this was the original cover on the benches .. I also will need sheets sent to Australia if possible as it is all deleted here now.

7. Bill says:

I am looking. For the like what you have in the header under the menu bar, what is it, is it available