B

Battery operated twinkle lights for my vintage Christmas ornament wreath — twinkle on!

On my Second Day of Kitschmas: I put battery-operated twinkle lights on my vintage ornament wreath. Late to this particular modern-day party, I did not know know you could get battery-powered lights like this until I saw a friend use them to decorate at a charity event we were both a part of. So when I went to Target to hoard some of those little pink deer a few weeks ago, I bought me some of these lights to add to the shiny & brite twinkle twinkle of my foyer, which is where I keep the wreath hung, year-round.

Above: The lights I bought at Target.

I velcro’d the battery pack to the bracing on the back of the wreath. This is the one-is-silver and the other-gold wreath I made for myself last year that oopsy crashed to the ground. I not only lost ornaments, but also the styrofoam wreath itself broke — hence my bracing, which ended up being great for the stickum velcro.

Above: The little ceramic pink deer that were all the vintage rage at Target this year. I got me a herd. What can I say. I have a problem. But you already know that.

Okay, so I know that this is sort of a lame blog post, but it does get something off my list — and maybe gives you a simple idea how to add just a wee bit more twinkle to your holiday decor this year!

CategoriesWreaths
  1. Barbara says:

Pamela,
    Thanks you so much for the info.!
    Barbara
    p.s my daughter and I are going to the lakehouse today to decorate the tree with generations of family vintage ornaments. I’m so excited!

2. Jay says:

I was beginning to think I missed a post when you mentioned pink deer from Target until I scrolled down – very vintage looking. I was in Target last Sunday and JoAnn’s the Sunday before and one thing I have now learned is don’t wait until Christmas to think of decorating supplies, the places looked like after- Christmas sales had already taken place; bare shelves. Battery op lights have come a long way, I saw an interesting collection in Pier 1 the other day.
    The wreath looks all sparkly with the lights.

1. Karen says:

That’s so true about the stores being bare. Michael’s has been having 60-70% off sales since October and even Hobby Lobby has stepped up by discounting much earlier than they normally do. To curb my hoarding gene, I went early in the season to see if anything became my hearts desire. There was-fortunately-lots of oh, I have something similar. I will go back in January to check for heretofor unseen treasures.

3. Rick S says:

love the lights and love that they turn on and off all by themselves. No fumbling with switches and risk another crash….

I would be heartbroken.

4. Lynne says:

Lights certainly have come a long way. These are perfect for your wreath. However, I feel like I need a PHD just to go and buy a light bulb anymore.

5. tammyCA says:

I’m a fan of the teeny tiny battery lights that bend easily. Also I cute vintage deer & when I saw one lone pink target ceramic deer hanging on one of their trees 2weeks ago, I snatched it up. Searched all over the store & that was the only one! They must’ve gone really fast.

6. Carolyn says:

This is what happens when you shop estate sales and thrift stores – there’s all sorts of cool stuff in “real” stores. I was in Target before T’giving – I didn’t see any good “vintage” stuff. I gotta see if I can get some of those lights – they’re timered? Hoo-boy!
    This 12 days of UFO’s – is this still from last whenever when you challenged us to get our stuff done? Ach! It’s the tradition of cleaning the house before the new year – right?

7. LuAnn says:

Love the twinkle lights on the wreath. I totally missed the boat on the pink deer. I never saw them in the store and it looks like they were bought up quickly by people who are now selling them on ebay. Oh, well…sigh! ????