M

Marimekko for Clinique lipstick in 10 colors,lip gloss in 20 colors — limited editions

Marimekko is such a storied, colorful, mid mod-centric brand. And lipsmacking good, they’ve just introduced 10 shades of limited edition Marimekko lipsticks with Clinique. There are 20 shades of lip gloss too. I wear lipstick and in the past, lots of Clinique. So howdy hudee, I bought three tubes online from Macy’s. The lipsticks and lip glosses also are at other retailers, in stores and online. I am very happy about this happy partnership.

1. Barbara says:

I am truly the lipstick queen! I can mix and match colors for hours. Then, the outfit.
    I haven’t been able to find, ever, that red color lipstick women wore in the 40s. I may have to come up with a customized version of it.
    If anyone knows/has this red color, help me find it.
    Thanks!
    p.s. Pamela I checked out this brand. I’m not seeing that 40s color.

1. Molly says:

Try Besame Cosmetics! They do exact color replications of vintage makeup, and they have a few different 1940s reds, plus reds and pinks from other decades.

2. Nina462 says:

I believe it’s Cherries In the Snow by Revlon. Still available – the reason this is famous is because Revlon was the first to make the lipstick and nail polish the same color.

It’s my favorite red color.

2. Carolyn says:

Many would wonder what the heck this has to do with RR but there IS a tie-in. When I was in Mary Kay, a selling point was to encourage the users to display their skin care (men too!) to remind them to use it as directed. Glamor girls, back in the day, had their bdrm vanity but also had items in the bathroom.
    I can see the ’60’s-’70’s vibe on the first two cases shown with the Flower Power.Vermont Country Store offers more at Christmas but if enough people request it, they do everything they can to bring back items like the Coty essences that you could mix&match to make your own personal scent (I remember patchouli, sandalwood, & ylang ylang in one compact). Maybe if enough RR readers contact Clinique, they might bring back some good reds.

1. Mary Elizabeth says:

Vermont Country Store also has remakes of the lipstick my mother used, “Tangee,” which is supposed to change to be a different color on every woman. It looked good on her, and I thought it looked great on me when I smeared it in the general vicinity of my lips at age 5 or so. My mother started to spank me but couldn’t help bursting out laughing mid-swing.

3. Madeline says:

I love vintage-styled beauty and makeup, but sadly Clinique tests on animals (they sell their products in China) ūüôĀ

4. Cindy says:

Great lipstick colors & packaging! I rarely wear makeup now, but back when I worked in a dept. store, I would have jumped on these! I used to buy Clinique whenever they had a promotional gift going on.

1. Carol says:

Cindy, I don’t wear much makeup anymore either. Clinique had a color I used for years in the early 2000’s called Babykiss. It was a barely there color, not really pink and not really nude, which can be brownish. I don’t know if they still have the color but it’s awesome for summer.