vintage cowboy wallpaperHowdy hudee, if it’s reproduction vintage cowboy wallpaper you’ve been looking for, you can now get it from Bradbury & Bradbury Art Wallpapers. The company has just introduced a new collection of reproduction vintage children’s wallpaper, and there are three charming patterns evoking the Wild West. I am really diggin’ those ‘plaid check’ shirts — seemingly drawn with a wink at the mod.

mid century childrens wallpaper cowboysAbove two images: Cowboy’s Life, detail and repeat.

reproduction wild west wallpaperAbove: Bunk House features one of our mid century favorites: Knotty pine. I love the touches of burnt orange and dusty blue in this paper.

cowboy wallpaperThe restrained use of color is so artful.

vintage rodeo wallpaper reproductionvintage wallpaper cowboys rodeoAnd above: The Rodeo — getting ready for the big show under big skies among the open plains.

Bradbury & Bradbury told me these papers are machine (digitally) printed. The company also has introduced three children’s designs in nursery rhyme themes. I’ll take a look tomorrow 🙂

Where to see these papers, get samples, and place orders:

Categorieswallpaper
  1. Debbie in Portland says:

These are delightful, but Bradbury & Bradbury is pretty expensive to put in a child’s room, where they’re going to “grow out” of it in a few years. I’m picturing a wall of this in a cowboy-theme “rumpus room” in a mid-century basement instead: three walls of knotty pine, one wall of cowboys, brown and tan checkerboard linoleum floor, Early American furniture.

Welcome back, Pam!! We hope your time off was wonderful, you have been very much missed!

2. pam kueber says:

Thank you! If you want to save money on the kid’s room paper, you could also do a wainscot, with wallpaper on the top 1/2 or 1/3 of the wall – precision-designed to maximize the repeat, of course! Or, a feature wall… or backing bookcases, even.

My husband just saw the first wallpaper, looking over my shoulder at my laptop, and he loves it! “It’s great they’re making this again,” he said!

3. Elizabeth from Texas says:

I adore these! We’re still enjoying our Kid Kathey cowboy wallpaper in our ranch house living room!

4. Robbie Kendall says:

Thank you(!), for coming back; I believe that I can speak for all of us when I say that we have missed you far more than you might realize.

5. ineffablespace says:

Cowboy’s Life pattern used to be offered by Carter and Co. /Mt. Diablo Handprints, another boutique wallpaper firm from California who is no longer in business. Bradbury must have bought the blocks. I recognize this pattern in particular because I used it in a project back around 2001-2. It also sticks in my mind that Julian Schnabel or some other big-name artist of the turn of the millennium had this paper hanging in a living room of one of his residences that had been published in a magazine.

6. Leslie says:

I went to the site and oh my golly they make *dollhouse* wallpaper, too! And I just bought (at an incredibly low price) a kit for a San Franciscan painted lady dollhouse! Oooooooh!

7. Leslie says:

Debbie, I think that the obvious solution is to tell the child: “You have two choices. You can just stop ageing, right now, and be happy with this wallpaper forever, or you can reconcile yourself to the fact that you’re going to live with this gorgeous retro wallpaper until you grow up and leave home. And even then you’ll see it when you come visit.” ; )

But I love your idea of the rumpus room. Now we just need someone to start reproducing actual linoleum in those lovely old patterns.

8. pam kueber says:

Yes, I really need to do a story on their dollhouse paper! They also have fabric on Spoonflower to match some of their wallpaper patterns. They let me know about both of these product lines, but I never got around to doing stories…

9. Maria says:

These are gorgeous! They’d be great for covering lampshades like in the old days. I could see fabric and lamps covered.

Also fun to use in a vintage camper.