• Midcentury modern pendant lamps from Progress, 1961

midcentury-pendant-lighting

DIG THESE 1961 MIDCENTURY PENDANT LIGHTS from Progress.  Which one do you like the best? Quiz is from left to right — #1 is at top left, then zig down to #2 the Danish Modern, then zig up to #3 the flowery dude, etc…

Thanks! And if you have another minute – tell us why you voted the way you did.

midcentury-pendant-chandeliers

SeeAllOurVintageCatalogsSMALL

• Get our retrolicious free newsletter.

Comments

1. I voted for 6 because I have the very ones in my house! How exciting!

2. I forgot to say that I have 3 of #6 lights going down my hallway to the bedrooms in the house we recently bought and are renovating.

3. hi pam!

i had to go with #2.

we used to rent a house at the beach every summer, and those lamps were hanging above the dining room table and in the hallways.

sadly, the owners sold the house and it was torn down to build a giant mcmansion. of course, i’m kicking myself for never taking pictures of the incredible time capture that was our home every summer.

4. Jeweled sphere, perforated bottom diffuser, P4404, because I have three of them!

Does anybody know where I can get two of the perforated bottom diffusers, to replace ones that are missing?

5. Farmtruk says:

hehe…I’ve got a horizontal shade in #7 style as my bathroom vanity light. : D

• pam kueber says:

Farmtruk, I am SUPER JEALOUS – can you send me a photo to post? retrorenovation at gmail dot com? Many thanks! Pam

6. Juan Alva says:

Hi I have 3 different type of pulldown lamps, one of them needs to be put back together. Does anyone know were I can get info on putting the tension mechanism back together? and is that what its called.
      Thanks

• pam kueber says:

Juan — This is not a DIY site, please consult with a licensed professional regarding vintage wiring and their mechanisms. Please know also, I have been told that pulldowns are no longer to code — all the more reason to consult with a pro. Good luck.

7. The Atomic Mom says:

I love starbursts. I voted for #3.

8. Witnessed #8 in person at an estate sale. The basement (where all the cool stuff ALWAYS resides) hadn’t been redone in ages and was full on mid mod with carpeted walls, tiki’ish bar and the jeweled spheres!

9. Laci Delp says:

Torn between this one and the danish. I like simple and clean, however the dots and salmon (come on) made me smile!!

10. I like them all. Voted for the first one because it looks like the cinched waists of the dresses that were popular at the time.

11. Sue Sweeney says:

We have the Danish pendant lights in our 1962 raised ranch!

12. I just about went for #2 but #1 has that extra bit of bling. The original light that hangs in our front entry is a mix of the two.

13. Ima Pam says:

#8 because it’s the far-out funkiest. Would love it in my basement redo.

14. #6. Gaudy and ornate. ’nuff said. :D

15. Betsy Hamby says:

I voted for #8 because my Dad&Mom had 3 of them in a line in the foyer (yes, slate on that floor) in the ’64 tri-level we 6 kids were raised in!

16. Anyone know where I can find two of the Danish pendant (#2) lights?
      I had four, but two broke. So sad…