Midcentury modern pendant lamps from Progress, 1961

midcentury-pendant-lighting

DIG THESE 1961 MIDCENTURY PENDANT LIGHTS from Progress.  Which one do you like the best? Quiz is from left to right — #1 is at top left, then zig down to #2 the Danish Modern, then zig up to #3 the flowery dude, etc…

Thanks! And if you have another minute – tell us why you voted the way you did.

midcentury-pendant-chandeliers

SeeAllOurVintageCatalogsSMALL

Comments

1. Jean says

I forgot to say that I have 3 of #6 lights going down my hallway to the bedrooms in the house we recently bought and are renovating.

2. toni says

hi pam!

i had to go with #2.

we used to rent a house at the beach every summer, and those lamps were hanging above the dining room table and in the hallways.

sadly, the owners sold the house and it was torn down to build a giant mcmansion. of course, i’m kicking myself for never taking pictures of the incredible time capture that was our home every summer.

3. John says

Jeweled sphere, perforated bottom diffuser, P4404, because I have three of them!

Does anybody know where I can get two of the perforated bottom diffusers, to replace ones that are missing?

Farmtruk, I am SUPER JEALOUS – can you send me a photo to post? retrorenovation at gmail dot com? Many thanks! Pam

4. Juan Alva says

Hi I have 3 different type of pulldown lamps, one of them needs to be put back together. Does anyone know were I can get info on putting the tension mechanism back together? and is that what its called.
    Thanks

Juan — This is not a DIY site, please consult with a licensed professional regarding vintage wiring and their mechanisms. Please know also, I have been told that pulldowns are no longer to code — all the more reason to consult with a pro. Good luck.

Witnessed #8 in person at an estate sale. The basement (where all the cool stuff ALWAYS resides) hadn’t been redone in ages and was full on mid mod with carpeted walls, tiki’ish bar and the jeweled spheres!

6. Laci Delp says

Torn between this one and the danish. I like simple and clean, however the dots and salmon (come on) made me smile!!

7. Lisa says

I like them all. Voted for the first one because it looks like the cinched waists of the dresses that were popular at the time.

8. Luann says

I just about went for #2 but #1 has that extra bit of bling. The original light that hangs in our front entry is a mix of the two.

9. Betsy Hamby says

I voted for #8 because my Dad&Mom had 3 of them in a line in the foyer (yes, slate on that floor) in the ’64 tri-level we 6 kids were raised in!