“Finish What You Started” Week #4 weigh in

octagon and dot tiles in the bathroomChelsea gets a Gold Star for finishing laying the tile in her guest bathroom last week — part of our continuing “Finished What You Started” weekly weigh ins. Now she says, “On to the grout!” Did you do it, Chelsea dear? The world wants to know. This weekly “get-off-yer-bum-and-no-bringing-new-stuff-in-until-you-get-old-stuff-processed” pressure is keeping me pretty highly motivated. I’ve been finishing some longstanding projects, too, and will be featuring some photos and maybe even a video soon, too. How did you do in Week #4? Upload your photos and show us your pro-ductive (rather than pro-crastinator) self –>

What project(s) did you complete in Week #4?
Comment and/or share a photo with the uploader, below

Tips:

• (1) please pLeAsE PLEASE set your camera to no bigger than “medium” images, so files aren’t too large — large files really slow down the slide show and over time increase my costs to run this website.
  • (2) Uploader DOES work but message you get on screen *may be* funky and confusing. Upload ONCE and trust the image it there — I just need to “set new photos free” from my control panel and will be checking hourly to do so.
  • (3) Terms of Use apply.

[ngg_uploader id = 208]
Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

Comments

1. Wayne says

Hi pam!
    Just wondering how the home office/workroom project is going[no pressure intended]? I was the guy with the drapes over shelves idea…

It’s going pretty well! I’ve cleaned up everything and done some more — need to get it Finished so’s I can report!

2. Just another Pam says

Deeply, passionately LOVE the white painted brick in # 1.

During the reno I had it done for the back splash and one wall in my den.

Outstanding work everyone!

As I sit among a pile of stuff to post for sale, I read, “get-off-yer-bum-and-no-bringing-new-stuff-in-until-you-get-old-stuff-processed.” It’s like you’re a clone of my husband, asking me why I went to yet another sale, when there’s a huge pile of stuff already. Ugh. Time to get to work.

4. Melanie says

Week four??? Seriously??? Where has time gone? I don’t know what I was going to accomplish for week one, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t got to it yet.

A big “way to go” to everyone that’s finishing things. They’re looking awesome! Love that bathroom tile.

5. Michael says

My accomplishment was rather small compared to most of these (cutting out felt pattern pieces from vintage Christmas craft kits). Still, it felt good to get started.

On another note, I’m in love with the yellow house with green & white trimmed windows. So charming!

6. pam kueber says

Alas, the power went out at our house at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday and still isn’t back up. October Nor’Easter 2011 — we were in the epicenter. So, I didn’t get my photos posted – although I did get stuff done. Some serious stuff!

I’m sittin’ in the coffee shop. It’s… kinda fun.

• jay says

Pam, glad to hear you are ok. New England was hit hard, much more so then the Mid Atlantic. My lights flickered on and off like a haunted house Saturday and Sunday but managed to stay on, unfortunately not so for the folks on the other side of the street. It was strange to be shoveling off snow from the drive in October. Wonder how many kids will come for candy tonight. Wish I had the energy to complete some projects around here. Everyone is so inspring.

7. Julie P. says

Question for the mini art deco kitchenette owner: Is that a dish-drawer dishwasher? Is it Fisher and Paykel? If not, what brand is it? Do You like it? BTW, I love your kitchenette!

• Jen says

Julie P, this is an old post but I love your kitchen. We’re buying a home with very similar cabinets and want to keep them as is. It’s hard to find others who’ve done the same. Did you find any inspiration online? I’d love to see more pics of your kitchen!

8. Lauryn says

No photos yet, BUT … kitchen is finally painted, minus the windows and trim (i.e., the hard part). New (and gorgeous!) light fixtures have been installed. Bradbury & Bradbury wallpaper ordered. Still working on finding someone who can install the marmoleum floor I designed but haven’t the first clue as to how to put it in. Will upload photos when it is finally all done!

9. Elaine says

Spent last week at the time capsule and got a ton of stuff done. Let’s see, we managed to put sliders on the heavy barrel chairs so they aren’t endangering the new tile floor, and we can actually change their position for dining comfort. The spigot on the front of the house is no longer spilling five gallons a day into a big bucket to be put into the plants. We planted a Silver Bismarckia palm grouped with an aloe and an agave in the front yard. New curtains in the bedroom, which required taking down the pinch pleats and the broken traverse rod. Anyone know how to fix those?

Bonus!!! Researching curtain hanging strategies, I found out you can hang pinch pleat curtains on regular rods using loop rings. You put the pin hooks that are in the curtain header through the loops on the rings, then you can just swish them open and closed, no cranky traverse rod cords. So, the rest of my beautiful custom made dupioni look pinch pleat curtains are reprieved and will be taken to the cleaners and rehung on new rods.

• Elaine says

The bad news, after much research and the purchase of many different tile and grout cleaners, and hours of work, we decided the bathroom will have to be regrouted. The tiny little tiles on the floor and counter, the 4 inch tiles and borders on the walls and even the ceiling. What a job. That gets added to the list of the nice contractor working on the house while we are not there.

10. Justin says

Finally got the majority of my collection of radios displayed in the display room. That shelf goes alll around the room on all four walls. Just those two walls that are pictured has the radios displayed two high. The other two walls have only one row of radios. Those radios are taller and two high wouldn’t fit. I still have a large number of radios in storage that eventually will be added once I get more shelves built below on the two walls. All in time.