16 styles of George Nelson lamps on clearance at Modernica

George Nelson Bubble LampsFresh off our recent post — 10 midcentury finds we love from Design Within Reach — where we professed our love for Nelson Bubble Lamps, Reader Brooke tipped us that Modernica currently has 16 styles of Nelson Bubble Lamps on clearance through their website.

Modernica explained the big sale: ““The Bubble Lamps will have a new home with Herman Miller as of Sept 1st, so we’re saying “goodbuy” with deep discounts on open-box and floor models!”” they told me.

While these are still not inexpensive, if you’ve had your eye on one of these lights, this sale could save you anywhere from $90-$400 depending on which one you choose.

An extra 15% discount code for our readers:

I saw that there was an additional discount code available via another blog. So I asked Modernica if Retro Renovation readers could have one too. The company was happy to oblige:

We can offer a 15% off code to you as well, of course.  The code is “EXTRA15” in all caps and it only applies to the Bubble Lamps in our clearance section: https://modernica.net/shop/clearance.

UPDATE: Two readers had trouble with the code. Modernica quick-as-a-flasy responded to my query:

Hi Pam, We have tested this code on several computers and cannot find a problem with it.  I’m not sure what the problem could be!  We’ve changed it so that the code is NOT case sensitive, so maybe suggest to these 2 customers to try entering the code again, in upper or lower case, and press enter. If it doesn’t work, then I guess they would have to put in their order directly with our customer service department:  customerservice@modernica.net.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Brooke, for this tip — and thanks, Modernica, for the additional discount! NOTE: We (that is, RetroRenovation.com) are not getting paid to write this story… nor do we get a spiff if you buy anything. We’re just passing along the sale info….)

A look at the bubblicious loveliness:

george nelson bubble lampSaucer Pendant — Smallgeorge nelson bubble lampBall Pendants — Small and Mediumgeorge nelson bubble lampBall Crisscross Pendant — Small george nelson bubble lampFour sizes of Cigar Pendants — Small, Medium, Large and Extra Largegeorge nelson bubble lampThree sizes of Cigar Lamps with Tripod — Small, Medium and Largegeorge nelson bubble lampPear Pendant — Smallgeorge nelson bubble lampPear Crisscross Pendant — Smallgeorge nelson bubble lampTwo sizes of Pear Lights with Tripods — Small and Mediumgeorge nelson bubble lampAnd the Bell Pendant in Extra Large

Comments

1. Brooke says

Glad I could pass on the sale info! I currently have 2 crisscross medium saucer lamps (one in the dining room and one to be hung in the master bedroom). I love the classic version but there’s something about the crisscross pattern when the light is on that makes my MCM heart happy 🙂

2. Carolyn says

Aw, it’s too bad I have no use for these because they are really cool. I read Modernica’s “About” page and this company you should keep an eye on if you’re looking but can’t find. It would seem this type of lamp plastic might be fragile after awhile or have smoking damage so to have a source to buy new from original dies…
    I think one rainy day I will browse the rest of their site to see what there is to see.

3. Anne Blackwell says

Who can’t love the iconic parchment design of George Nelson’s lighting?
    Happy to know that beautiful MCM style is available.

Here’s what Modernica says:

Hi Pam, We have tested this code on several computers and cannot find a problem with it. I’m not sure what the problem could be! We’ve changed it so that the code is NOT case sensitive, so maybe suggest to these 2 customers to try entering the code again, in upper or lower case, and press enter. If it doesn’t work, then I guess they would have to put in their order directly with our customer service department: customerservice@modernica.net.

Hope that helps!

4. Mary says

No luck with the code over here, either. I tried 2 different browsers and about 12 different ways. Was it only for a limited time?

Here’s what Modernica says:

Hope that helps!

5. Mary says

Code is working now! No idea what was going on.
    Thank you Pam, for all your help getting us a code, and then following up. Got my order in just now.

Some insight re: coupon code

I just ordered a Modernica Nelson lamp thank to your clearance sale tip. I too wasn’t able to get the EXTRA15 coupon code to work at first. But here’s what did work: Enter the code in the appropriate field, then hit the ENTER/RETURN key.

I typically hit the tab key when filling out forms, but in this case, the tab didn’t work, I needed to hit enter/return in order for the code to calculate the discount. I am working on a Mac, and tried two different browsers (Chrome and Safari) and neither worked with the tab key.

7. Melissa says

I just ordered mine via a Mac and the code worked. Many thanks to you Pam & Modernica! I can’t wait to get it installed!

8. Wendy in St. Louis says

Timing couldn’t have been better on this! My sister has been jonesing for the Nelson saucer lamp for a long time. I considered buying it for her but the price was beyond my comfort level. With the sale and discount it was apparently meant to be. She is going to faint when she gets it!

9. Amanda Sparks says

Code worked for me too. I’ve been waiting for these to go on sale. Yay! Also, if you search for “extra” you will find extra cord you can order if you have extra tall ceilings like we do. You will need to order the total amount of feet that you need so it comes in one long piece. Its $2/foot.

I finally got the code to work. I had to add to the cart, but not sign in. The first time I tried I was signed in to my account and the code would not work. I tried a different computer and I wasn’t signed into my account and the code worked. But the minute I signed in the discount went away. So I logged out added to the cart, applied discount and checked out without signing in. It then worked