S

Sanderson 1950s wallpaper and fabrics – new line – BREAKING NEWS

sanderson vintage reproduction 1950s wallpaper collection

Sanderson has just today announced a brand-new line of vintage reproduction wallpapers from the 1950s. I’m uploading photos now — but want to be first on the web! BIG NEWS in our Retro Renovation world! I’m counting 9 new wallpapers, 8 new fabrics for upholstery or curtains and 3 velvets for upholstery. There are many colorways… Most patterns seem to be “documents” — straight from the archives although I think the colorways are reinterpreted for today. I have asked Sanderson for more photos and when I get them, I’ll post them along with more narrative. Meanwhile, following is a quick grab of the wallpaper patterns and some of the colorways available:

Here’s the link to their page featuring the new collection of 1950s wallpapers, upholstery and curtain fabrics, and velvets.

“Fifi” — oooh lala!

1. I ordered some sample colorways of Dandelion Clocks from Sanderson (limited amount, but free, BTW) on a tip from design*sponge. They just came Monday and they are beautiful! I got fabric and one wallpaper sample. The pattern is very large, but on a big section of wall, it would be a fabulous look. Now I just have to convince DH.

2. donna says:

Pam! these are absolutely gorgeous! i avoid wallpaper like the plague because, when we moved into our 1965 rancher last year, every single room had some iteration of frightening 1980’s mauve wallpaper. ugh. these new Sanderson patterns, though, could change my mind! and a couple of them would blend beautifully with our new red & white marmoleum (finally getting pics to you is on the to-do list for the weekend!)

3. pam kueber says:

Wow, that is super ingenious, Lisa! A shower curtain would include about 4 yards of fabric (36″) wide, so that’s a lot of value for the money! Send me pics of your curtains in place! retrorenovation [at] gmail [dot] com.

4. Tisha says:

I’m in the process of brainstorming the kitchen remodel for my 1954 ranch (someone modernized it in the 80’s) and I think that either the wrappings or mobile in red would be perfect for my soffit.
    Thanks for the inspiration, Pam!

5. Alice says:

Pam, it just so happens that this week I am staying in The Sanderson hotel in London…which use to be where Sanderson wallpaper was! It’s a cool modern hotel with a swinging bubble chair in the lobby…to mention the very least of cool features!

6. pam kueber says:

I loved this museum when I was in London this past summer: http://www.ftmlondon.org/exhibitions/ When I was there, they had this FANTASTIC display of Horockses dresses, the exhibit now goes back only 30 years in time — but still looks good! Have fun, I’ll go look at that hotel online!

7. sara says:

Pam and Kate,
    HELP please!!!! I am interested in ordering some Sanderson Wallpaper, but they no londer ship internationally and i cannot find where to order in the US 🙁 any ideas???
    Thanks,