S

Sanderson 1950s wallpaper and fabrics – new line – BREAKING NEWS

sanderson vintage reproduction 1950s wallpaper collection

Sanderson has just today announced a brand-new line of vintage reproduction wallpapers from the 1950s. I’m uploading photos now — but want to be first on the web! BIG NEWS in our Retro Renovation world! I’m counting 9 new wallpapers, 8 new fabrics for upholstery or curtains and 3 velvets for upholstery. There are many colorways… Most patterns seem to be “documents” — straight from the archives although I think the colorways are reinterpreted for today. I have asked Sanderson for more photos and when I get them, I’ll post them along with more narrative. Meanwhile, following is a quick grab of the wallpaper patterns and some of the colorways available:

Here’s the link to their page featuring the new collection of 1950s wallpapers, upholstery and curtain fabrics, and velvets.

“Fifi” — oooh lala!

1. pam kueber says:

I think you might have to go to a real store…not sure… Did you check Sanderson’s site for a list of retailers including in the U.S.? Also, as Gavin mentioned, also watch ebay…

1. Nina462 says:

Love them! I’m rewallpapering my Mom’s kitchen this summer – unfortunatly she wouldn’t love most of them. However there is one she might like.
    I’m also looking for some fabric to redo a chair this summer – nice designs! I wouldn’t need more than 2 yards -so affordable for me.

2. Rachel says:

OooOOOoOooOoOh – these are amazing! And it looks like there is a supplier in Houston … I’ll have to check it out! I’m looking for fabric to cover our kitchen chairs. I’m with you on the Seaweed love, but I’m also swooning over the aqua colorway of Perpetua … DREAMY.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

3. Jeff says:

Certainly great to see, but I think the colorways have been updated for more “modern” tastes. I find the original colorways of mid-century modern wallpapers much more subtle and workable for larger projects- many of these would only work as accent papers or used on small jobs.

1. pam kueber says:

If I hear from the PR people (I requested more photos and a news release) I will ask about the colorways. I tend to think you are right — the colors are more in tune with today’s color trends. Still… some gorgeous stuff here.

1. Jeff says:

Agreed! Any time current manufacturers catch up to the kool people, it’s a good day!

Now if we could get some Tiki papers……

4. RebeccaSF says:

I contacted my local store that carries this fabric, but they said it’s only available to people in the trades. There is a way around this obstacle, they said, but it will cost me! Too bad, because I’ve been looking for a really good woven cream-colored fabric for a room divider/curtain.

I’ll have my eye on ebay. Thanks for the heads-up!

1. RebeccaSF says:

Thank you!! I ordered fabric samples from the website – if only to torture myself over things I can’t have – and will let folks know how they look in real life.

1. I ordered some sample colorways of Dandelion Clocks from Sanderson (limited amount, but free, BTW) on a tip from design*sponge. They just came Monday and they are beautiful! I got fabric and one wallpaper sample. The pattern is very large, but on a big section of wall, it would be a fabulous look. Now I just have to convince DH.

5. donna says:

Pam! these are absolutely gorgeous! i avoid wallpaper like the plague because, when we moved into our 1965 rancher last year, every single room had some iteration of frightening 1980’s mauve wallpaper. ugh. these new Sanderson patterns, though, could change my mind! and a couple of them would blend beautifully with our new red & white marmoleum (finally getting pics to you is on the to-do list for the weekend!)

1. pam kueber says:

Wow, that is super ingenious, Lisa! A shower curtain would include about 4 yards of fabric (36″) wide, so that’s a lot of value for the money! Send me pics of your curtains in place! retrorenovation [at] gmail [dot] com.

6. Tisha says:

I’m in the process of brainstorming the kitchen remodel for my 1954 ranch (someone modernized it in the 80’s) and I think that either the wrappings or mobile in red would be perfect for my soffit.
    Thanks for the inspiration, Pam!

7. Alice says:

Pam, it just so happens that this week I am staying in The Sanderson hotel in London…which use to be where Sanderson wallpaper was! It’s a cool modern hotel with a swinging bubble chair in the lobby…to mention the very least of cool features!

8. sara says:

Pam and Kate,
    HELP please!!!! I am interested in ordering some Sanderson Wallpaper, but they no londer ship internationally and i cannot find where to order in the US 🙁 any ideas???
    Thanks,