Update: Comments/Entries now closed. Congratulations to winner Cheryl in TX, whose number was chosen by Random Number Generator. Blondes won! Thanks, everyone for playing!
What self-respecting Retro Renovator could be without a set of chalkware sea creatures in their pastel-colored bathroom? The folks at Cats Like Us — serious purveyors of rockabilly wear and kitschy collectibles — are providing this week’s giveaway: A set of reproduction chalkware mermaids. Thanks, Cats! I show the pink, but if you win, you can choose from six different styles. And, no Made in China here! These are all hand-made by Barbie K, who lives near Cats Like Us in Tonawanda, New York:
Chalkware—both kitschy & cool—is Barbie K’s passion. When the price of vintage chalkware sky rocketed and it was no longer affordable, she decided to take matters into her own hands—literally! Barbie K has created her own line of “retro-reinterpreted” chalkware including mermaids, hula girls and pin-up girls. She uses a Freeman McFarlan reproduction vintage mold for each piece and decorates them with pearls. The hand poured, hand painted mermaids with the pouty red lips are her best seller.
Pretty cool! How to win:
Win a set of Cats Like Us / Barbie K
- Winner gets to choose their mermaid — check them out, there are 6 different sets, 3 haircolors. So to enter the contest, Comment and answer the Important Mermaid Question: Blonde? Brunette? Redhead?
- I’ll choose the winner by Random Number Generator Tues. morning-ish, Nov. 1.
- You must reply to my email within 7 days or else I move on to the next in line. I’m not chasing you. Make sure your email is correct.
- You may choose from Cats Like Us’ in-stock collection (no special orders).
- Ships USPS 3-day — U.S. only.