H

Hardware store New Old Stock — “100s of sinks, 100s of light fixtures” — !

Ebay-NOS-collage3Words we love to read in ebay listings:

“My in-laws own of those neat old hardware stores, and this was recently discovered in their warehouse where it’s been stored for decades.”

midcentury modern outdoor lightprogress-outdoor-lightYes, ebay seller nomoredrama4me continues to uncover and list for sale lots of NEW OLD STOCK items. A cover for an American Brand faucet! Rare tile-in sinks in several colors. Pendant lighting. AND MORE.

Indeed, I followed up with the seller, and she said:

Thank you! I have literally an entire warehouse of new old stock items. It’s all very fun to look through. 100’s of sinks and 100’s of light fixtures. My father-in-law used to buy out old hardware stores in the 60’s and put everything he bought in a warehouse thinking he would go through it all someday and never did. He has given me free reign in selling it off. If there is anything in particular your followers like let me know and I will get it listed so you can have pics.

To get ’em:

Precautionary Pam reminds:

When buying vintage — including New Old Stock — with the intention of installing it, be sure to research whether the item is up to current building code and safety standards. For example: Vintage lighting, even if new old stock, should have its wiring checked — and there may be other issues — get with a pro. Vintage plumbing pipes may not be up to current standards for, for example, lead. Painted or glazed finishes also may contain lead, etc. Get with your own properly licensed professionals to help you assess what you have so that you can make informed decisions. See our Be Safe/Renovate Safe page for more info.

vintage-lightingAbove: Some more stuff being prepped for listing the week of 2/22. Oh My.

1. Marion says:

Pink toilets (and other colors) show up at Habitat for Humanity Restore in North Little Rock, Arkansas all the time.

2. Sue says:

outer door hardware by McKinney : I’m looking for a black, iron-look doorknob and heart-shaped rosette from about 1950; also, a chrome ballast cover from a fluorescent light that brackets a medicine cabinet and chrome towel racks that bolt to the floor and the wall, and iridescent dark-brown bathroom tile. Anybody?

3. Paul - CT says:

Hi Ruth Ann

I have the pink blender for the Nutone food center (I got a replacement about 15 years ago from Nutone, clear and white). Black lid with pink stopper. It’s all scratched up and buried somewhere in my basement but let me know if you want it and we can figure out a way to get it to you.

Paul

4. Linda says:

I have a starburst escutcheon (back plate) for an exterior door, but it will require that the door knob be farther than standard distance from the edge of the door. If you run across a lock-set with a longer than normal “plunger” or whatever it is, please contact me!

5. Deirdre says:

Hello! I would be interested in a bathroom bar light with a Starburst pattern and vintage metal mailboxes/posts.

6. sue says:

That outdoor light, with the black saucer like top is EXACTLY what I have been searching for. If you have 2, I’d like to by them.

7. pam kueber says:

Click the link to the store/seller. It’s in bright blue bold. I think those are long gone.

I constantly profile places like this when we find them. To never miss a story, subscribe to my newsletter.