W

Who wore it better: Cora in 2017 … or Kate in 1983?

Yes, Kate already has Cora, 1, wearing vintage: Kate’s 1983 Halloween costume, a fluffy little pumpkin number with sassy hat that little ms.’ and misters find … timelessly terrifying. Kate’s mom Chris saved the costume all these 34 years, as moms are wont to do. A classic! Orange is the new black, or should we say: Orange and black are the new black. Happy Halloween, and thank you darling Katiedoodle for this priceless update.

Categorieshappiness
  1. Scott says:

Cute! Cora’s even nailed Kate’s agggghhhhhhhhhhh face perfectly.

We can also see the pumpkin doesn’t fall far from the tree from that series of perfectly executed and graduated in size Jack-o-lanterns on the porch back in 1983, the eye for design and detail obviously runs in Kate’s family.

2. Julia says:

I want to know why you’re both screaming while wearing the costume? Did grandma forget and leave some pins in it when she made it? Lol…

3. Kate says:

Aww thanks! I miss Retro Renovation but I also love being Cora’s mom and I’m so glad I get to spend all day with her every day. She’s pretty awesome and everyone tells me they grow up fast!

4. Mary Elizabeth says:

The pumpkin doesn’t fall far from the VINE, Scott. Pumpkins don’t grow on trees, fortunately, or we’d all get concussions every fall.

Seriously, I have a series of multi-generational photos of kids in their Christmas finery crying on Santa’s lap. Kid’s don’t like strangers, new clothes, or the change in routines at holiday time. Hope the Santa photo comes out better than the Halloween one for Kate and family!

5. Jan says:

I wondered what was going on with Kate – Cora is very cute! Oh my gosh, my daughter had the other “fruit” from that same sewing pattern – the apple – for her costume, circa 1980! A few years later, my son wore that costume, and my daughter dressed up like a fruit vendor.

6. Pam Kueber says:

Yes, more than a year ago we announced Kate was leaving… and then a few months later, showed her with Cora. Use the search box to get to those stories if ya wanna see the baby pics!