Midcentury furniture legs and angled mounting brackets from Lowe’s

angled-hairpin-furniture-legs-from-lowesDO YOU HAVE FURNITURE that needs new legs? Or maybe you want to build an off-the-floor TV stand or bookshelf or…?

Well, reader Noah sent in this great find: Tapered legs…and Angled Mounting Plates…that can be found at Lowe’s and then used to update any piece of furniture. Inexpensive – stylish – and fun. You should see the TV stand he built in no time at all – terrific!

Noah writes:

Hey! So for an upcoming project, I am looking to use hairpin legs, but I also like the angled tapered circular legs on pieces of retro furniture that are extremely hard to find (paul mccobb desk, and many more)…

So I went to Lowe’s where they totally have those legs, in 5.5″, 4″, and something like 1.5′! They even have angled mounting plates that install into wood with ease! Maybe everyone already knew about these and I’m just overcoming some naive first stage of crafting, which could be understandable, but I was so into them that I had to tell you. Anyways, here’s a link to how I used them!:

Thanks, Noah – if you’re naive then I am, too, because I’d have never thunk to look for this.  You are super handy, and I love your blog and have added it to the blogroll!

Comments

1. Elvis (aka) Jane says

The wave of mid-century appreciation must be gaining strength – Lowes, of all places! Thanks for the info, Noah and Pam.

They also have been selling these at Menards for years. So if you are in the Upper Midwest you can find them there. They have a bunch of different lengths and straight or angle brackets available…

Brian
    Atomic Addiction

Hey Woo – I don’t have a product number currently, but next time I go there I can scan it in. I have since seen these at a Pleasant’s Hardware store, so I can only assume that they’re fairly common, albeit wonderfully useful.

4. Kara Kerpan says

After purchasing a few vintage couches, I decided that retro seating furniture wasn’t for me- it was too uncomfortable so I purchased the Corona set at Macy’s, which will mesh well with my HW furniture- I think. But I want to switch out the legs for some blond legs like the ones above that are lower than the ones it came with. I can’t seem to find them on the website though and any other information or resources would be much appreciated!!!

5. Paul says

The item numbers are: 842, 843, and 847. All three will show up if you type the following on the keyword line: round taper leg

Noah, thanks for the post. I’m building an office furniture suite and was looking for exactly those legs. I never would have thought to look for them at Lowe’s.

7. Jenny Boase says

Is Lowe’s in the USA? I am looking for just these legs to finish a retro restoration and can’t find anything like it in Austrlaia. Does any one know if they ship overseas?

8. Mark Stout says

The angle top plate is item 837. Manufacturer of the legs and the top plate is “Waddell”, which may help you if you don’t live near a Lowe’s.