Suzy’s favorite salt & pepper shaker

suzys-favorite-salt-and-pepper-shakerSuzy is my graphic designer. She helps with things on the blog, like making Hallowe’en headers. This is her favorite salt and pepper shaker. It’s a MIB “Tiny T-V.” I don’t quite understand where the salt, or pepper, comes out. Suzy likes retro stuff and has other wacky habits. I like her a lot.

Comments

I have this salt and pepper shaker set. You turn the big “tuner” knob at the bottom of the set and the salt and pepper shakers rise up out of the television so that you can remove them and use them.

2. MrsErinD says

I saw the header, love the kitty, so cute! And even the spider for halloween even though I hate them, haha.

Adorable s&p!

3. Erin in Ohio says

I thought it was cute just by looking at it, but Missouri Michael’s description of the mechanics nearly made me faint from pure excitement! Man, that is sooooo cool!

Glad you all are noticing the header. Hallowe’en is my favorite holiday. Surprise surprise: You get to dress up.

4. Abbie says

I second Missouri Michael. My grandmother had one of these and that’s exactly how it works. (And, hey, I’m also in Missouri!)

Thanks for explaining the technical aspects of that wonderful shaker, Michael. Perfect shaker to set out with your TV dinner! I love people with wacky habits.

6. Hillary says

I have one of these in my (um, overfurnished) midcentury dollhouse. The salt & pepper containers are tiny, hard to believe anyone ever used it for that purpose.

7. Genjenn says

Just got one of these from Ebay! I wasn’t sure what to do with it so I put it in a glass dome display thingy and placed it on my bookcase.

I agree–The cat and spider are a nice touch.