15+ companies that sell decorative concrete screen blocks – comprehensive list

breeze blockWhere to find decorative concrete blocks – also known as architectural screen blocks? This question is coming up a lot, and I would like to build the definitive list right here. I tend to believe that you need to buy this stuff locally or regionally — or the shipping costs will kill you. Many thanks to Scathing Jane for researching this list, and to JHL III who sent me the question (and one repeat find) prompting me to finally feature Jane’s list. Do you know of a supplier in your area? Send me an email or leave a comment below, and I will add it to this list. Alphabetically, here’s what we have so far: .

• Phoenix & more: Superlite – had concrete block when we first did this list in 2010, now we are having a hard time finding them on their website…

• ABC-Central Block and Brick — Russel in Comments says: “Interestingly enough, their website doesn’t show any of the shaped ones they make, but driving by they have pallet after pallet of all shapes and styles.”

• Littleton & Pueblo: Boral Best Block used to be on this list, but we now get a broken link…
  • Dacono: St. Vrain

• Consumer’s Concrete — had screen block when this story was originally written, not sure any more…

North Carolina

• Ted in Comments says Cemex in Ashville says they can supply it in limited styles; but it is not shown on their website.

• Philadelphia area, three locations: Fizzano Brothers. Frannie’s tip in Comments: “I just went down and picked some up for a project I’m doing in Brooklyn.
    They cost between $1.20 and $3.50 each, they have two styles, and weigh about 26 pounds each. They also told me that they have a retail distributor for them in Northern New Jersey. I’m sure if you called them they could give you the info. http://fizzano.com/Masonry/Specs/viewlite.pdf “

Puerto Rico, via Carlos:

• -Fabrica de balaustres Nelson Noriega, 787-366-4115
    -Artesania Sinai, 787-243-3079
    -Empresas Ferhanni, 787-251-4430 http://www.empresasferhanni.com These might also produce blocks:
    – Balaustres Alfonso 787-263-3122
    – Junior’s Balaustres 787-616-2073
    – Fabrica de Balaustres Ornamentales 787-823-3150

Rhode Island:

• Cranston: Park Ave Cement Block

South Carolina:

• Dotty in Comments poitns to Augusta Concrete Block in North Augusta; website inconclusive but this one sounds promising.

Search the U.S. some more:

The Barbados:

• Claytone Products

Slide show of patterned concrete block styles available from various suppliers. Click on first thumbnail to start the show, then click on the arrow below the image to move forward or back:

1. pam kueber says

READ ALL THE COMMENTS CAREFULLY if you are looking in other places than the original 9 listed. There are lots of other places identified in the comments and links provided in the comments.

2. Craig says

I’m shocked to find no supplier in Illinois. I’ve called about a dozen groups throughout the Chicagoland area. I see breeze block EVERYWHERE here. Hard to believe it’s all old and no one makes any of the styles any more. Anyone have a lead?

3. Frannie says

Fizzano Brothers near philadelphia has these. I just went down and picked some up for a project I’m doing in Brooklyn.
    They also told me that they have a retail distributor for them in Northern New Jersey which I’ve forgotten the name of. I’m sure if you called them they could give you the info.

4. cc says

I’m in Chicago and am l looking for a place to purchase some blocks for a fence. Anyone have an idea about where I could get these in my area?

• Craig says

If we could get a couple of folks together, we might be able to make shipping it from MI more affordable. I will need to build a fence in the spring and I’m possibly looking to purchase some of these.

richard, the companies we know of are listed in the story, also read the comments for additions from readers. good luck

5. Kathryn in Ontario says

I didn’t see any response to my fellow Canadian in Alberta. How about in Ontario? I’d dearly love to find some for my 1971 split level.

Hi Amelia, The only sources we know of are listed in the story and also please scroll through the comments to see if readers have added others. Good luck.

6. Cysco says

For those still looking for blocks, All I can suggest is keep searching Craigslist and/or use a craigslist agitator like searchtempest to search craigslist in an acceptable driving radius.

After searching for the better part of a year for a place locally buy buy some blocks, I stumbled across a post on CL locally for 100+ of these awesome blocks

Now, to install them!

Wow! Great find! Yes: SearchTempest. I use it, although it’s become full of ebay affiliate linkage, too, which is a PITA

• Evelyn Gurr says

I’m looking to Purchase 100- Decorative Concrete Blocks some call them Xray Blocks in the Baton Rouge area. They make these when they have extra concrete left over. I received some from Heck Industries in Baton Rouge but they only have some available every other week.

7. Roberta says

I have seen a lot of the bubble bricks in Las Vegas mid century homes. I am looking for a place to purchase this type. Anyone know a place in Las Vegas I could get them?

8. Chelsie says

I just stopped at the Consumer’s Concrete store in Lansing, MI and they are only available at the Wyoming, MI location.

Hi, we supply brick screen blocks and although we are in the UK we can ship worldwide for you. We have a choice of 9 types all made in Europe and fully frostproof. Visit our website and contact us for further information.