• 15+ companies that sell decorative concrete screen blocks – comprehensive list

Where to find decorative concrete blocks – also known as architectural screen blocks? This question is coming up a lot, and I would like to build the definitive list right here. I tend to believe that you need to buy this stuff locally or regionally — or the shipping costs will kill you. Many thanks to Scathing Jane for researching this list, and to JHL III who sent me the question (and one repeat find) prompting me to finally feature Jane’s list. Do you know of a supplier in your area? Send me an email or leave a comment below, and I will add it to this list. Alphabetically, here’s what we have so far: .

Nationwide:

Arizona:

• Phoenix & more: Superlite - had concrete block when we first did this list in 2010, now we are having a hard time finding them on their website…

Arkansas:

• ABC-Central Block and Brick – Russel in Comments says: “Interestingly enough, their website doesn’t show any of the shaped ones they make, but driving by they have pallet after pallet of all shapes and styles.”

California:

Colorado:

• Littleton & Pueblo: Boral Best Block used to be on this list, but we now get a broken link…
    • Dacono: St. Vrain

Florida

Hawaii:

Michigan:
    • Consumer’s Concrete — had screen block when this story was originally written, not sure any more…

Nevada

North Carolina

• Ted in Comments says Cemex in Ashville says they can supply it in limited styles; but it is not shown on their website.

Pennsylvania:

• Philadelphia area, three locations: Fizzano Brothers. Frannie’s tip in Comments: “I just went down and picked some up for a project I’m doing in Brooklyn.
      They cost between $1.20 and $3.50 each, they have two styles, and weigh about 26 pounds each. They also told me that they have a retail distributor for them in Northern New Jersey. I’m sure if you called them they could give you the info. http://fizzano.com/Masonry/Specs/viewlite.pdf “

Puerto Rico, via Carlos:

• -Fabrica de balaustres Nelson Noriega, 787-366-4115
      -Artesania Sinai, 787-243-3079
      -Empresas Ferhanni, 787-251-4430 http://www.empresasferhanni.com These might also produce blocks:
      - Balaustres Alfonso 787-263-3122
      - Junior’s Balaustres 787-616-2073
      - Fabrica de Balaustres Ornamentales 787-823-3150

Rhode Island:

• Cranston: Park Ave Cement Block

South Carolina:

• Dotty in Comments poitns to Augusta Concrete Block in North Augusta; website inconclusive but this one sounds promising.

Texas

Search the U.S. some more:

Australia:

The Barbados:

• Claytone Products

Slide show of patterned concrete block styles available from various suppliers. Click on first thumbnail to start the show, then click on the arrow below the image to move forward or back:

• Get our retrolicious free newsletter.

Comments

1. Hi all,
      Have been searching Craigslist for vintage wall block…scored 12 16″ x 16″LaCosta blocks from a neighbor for free. Noticed his carport had this block on my nightly walk. Several weeks later I noticed it was gone and he was having the carport converted to a garage. Knocked on the door and he gladly loaded the block into the back of my truck. WOOHOO!!

2. love you for the short cut! thanks!

3. Rick Whitely says:

I am looking for architectual screen blocks in Minnesota. I have a nice patio slab which I would like to enclose for privacy. Any help would be much appreciated!

• I purchased new arch. blocks 3 years ago at a place in Rochester, MN.
        Sorry I don’t remember the name but it is a cement block, pavers, etc. kind of place. They only had one design which is the daisy.

4. Eddie O'Malley says:

Hi,

I am looking for moulds for making the Orca Lacosta Screen block.

Could you let me know where I could find a mould or what mould you used for these blocks?

Eddie O’Malley

5. We’re looking for screen concrete blocks in Canada (preferably Alberta). Anyone know where we can find them?

Thanks!

6. ok, finding this article is a relief — I get such funny looks when a new (to me) block pattern makes me drive around a block to get a better look. No, people, I’m not casing your neighbor’s house, I swear!

7. If anyone in Michigan is looking for screen wall blocks, Consumer’s Concrete (offices in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Kalamazoo, and other southwest Michigan locations), carries the “cordova” style. In fact, the Grand Rapids office told me they just trashed several skids of it (noo-oo-o-o-o!) because they couldn’t sell it. Thankfully the Lansing location still has some, and this is the best part – they are selling a couple of skids (120 blocks per skid) to us for $1 a block and bringing it to Grand Rapids!

8. Wendy Long says:

I found the Square in Square pattern at Headwaters (formerly Southwest Concrete Products) in San Antonio, Tx on Ackerman Road

9. Forrest Covin says:

If anyone knows of a supplier in Texas, please let me know….I have contacted several brick suppliers and contractors to no avail…thanks for your help.

10. I’m trying to find these decorative concrete block in Brooklyn New York. But I’m coming up empty! Any ideas?

11. Where in Michigan.?

12. Los Angeles supplier – http://www.Midcenturyblocks.com

• Allison says:

Hi Dom- I am looking for a specific design a hollow brick block with a W. Do you know if they can make these for me? I am also located in Los Angeles. Thanks!

• pam kueber says:

Allison, Dom provided the link — perhaps it will be fastest if you contact that company directly. Good luck.

• pam kueber says:

Link now broken, and I can’t find any similar sounding company… FYI

13. So I live in Iowa and have just searched everywhere for these bricks. Does anyone know of a supplier for these here or in the midwest? I would so appreciate any help or advice!

14. Forrest Covin says:

Looking for a supplier in the Austin tx area….I see the blocks used in some older homes but I have not been able to find a supplier. I am building and wish to incorporate these within the design. Thanks for any help.

15. I’ve been searching for years for these stone, anyone have info on them for MD. PLEAAASSSE

16. pam kueber says:

READ ALL THE COMMENTS CAREFULLY if you are looking in other places than the original 9 listed. There are lots of other places identified in the comments and links provided in the comments.

17. I’m shocked to find no supplier in Illinois. I’ve called about a dozen groups throughout the Chicagoland area. I see breeze block EVERYWHERE here. Hard to believe it’s all old and no one makes any of the styles any more. Anyone have a lead?

18. Frannie says:

Fizzano Brothers near philadelphia has these. I just went down and picked some up for a project I’m doing in Brooklyn.
      They also told me that they have a retail distributor for them in Northern New Jersey which I’ve forgotten the name of. I’m sure if you called them they could give you the info.

19. I’m in Chicago and am l looking for a place to purchase some blocks for a fence. Anyone have an idea about where I could get these in my area?

• Come on CC! I just asked that two posts up! ; )

• If we could get a couple of folks together, we might be able to make shipping it from MI more affordable. I will need to build a fence in the spring and I’m possibly looking to purchase some of these.

20. Please supply names of suppliers near me for the sreen wall concrete block, thanks.

• pam kueber says:

richard, the companies we know of are listed in the story, also read the comments for additions from readers. good luck

21. Kathryn in Ontario says:

I didn’t see any response to my fellow Canadian in Alberta. How about in Ontario? I’d dearly love to find some for my 1971 split level.

22. Amelia Voorsanger says:

Do you know where i can find these blocks near 18446 or Scranton PA?

• pam kueber says:

Hi Amelia, The only sources we know of are listed in the story and also please scroll through the comments to see if readers have added others. Good luck.

23. pam kueber says:

:) Read about them on the A1 Concrete Block site!