1. Brian Throckmorton says

I spotted this exact set (plus the “Good Nite” nightstand, chest of drawers, and flower mirror) on Saturday in an antique store on Southland Drive in Lexington, Ky. Didn’t note the price.

• says

My parents purchased this set for me back in the 70’s. I had the “goodnight” nightstands, a double “bed” headboard, plus a “Telephone” phone booth with cushy vinyl seat for those long land line teen calls that tied up the parent’s phone for hours. I also had a big desk/vanity/dresser/shelves combo unit that took up 10 feet of wall. The goodnight stands had a flower base. All sitting pretty on green shag. Very groovy baby.

2. Nina462 says

I’m looking for a bedroom set – circa 50s-60’s to replace my 90’s Broyhill Fontana set (who doesn’t have this set? It’s the set on Everybody Loves Raymond).
    That set is COOL – but too Cool for my taste. Thanks for sharing!

• Sheila Massingill says

Anne — do you still have any of the pieces you mentioned? I’d love to hear about them if you do! :)

Take care,

• Sheila Massingill says

I will drive there ASAP if they still have them — can you please give me a shop name or phone number? I’m trying to piece this set together for my daughters and this would help tremendously!!

Thanks & take care,

Sheila, that was on ebay. The sellers are identified in the story, though, with a hotlink. You can reach out to them that way, directly. Good luck.

• Brian T says

Pam, I think Sheila was referring to the set spotted in Lexington KY by me on 9/6/2011 and by Beth on 8/27/2012. They have sold some of the pieces or moved them out of the showroom — in any case, some of the ones I saw in 2011 were no longer there a month ago or so. The store is The Antique Store of Lexington, 436 Southland Dr Lexington, KY 40503. (859) 373-0802. Good luck!

• Sheila Massingill says

Yes — thank you, Brian… that was exactly what I was looking for. I gave the owner a call and her pieces are ALL still available… woohoo!! Now to decide if we can swing the dent in the budget and a 9-hour drive to get them since we’re in NC. (And if Anne still has the pieces she mentioned above and I actually piece this whole bedroom suite together like I’ve dreamed of for a couple years now, I’m going to owe this blog BIGTIME!) :)

Thanks again,

3. Anne P says

Odd request I know but I am looking for a circa early 70s “teen” bedroom set like the one my friend owned and don’t know the brand. Bed, desk and bed table were a light yellow and carved features were “accented” with touches of very bright, almost psychedelic brushes or green and orange. Who made this/where can I buy. Thanks.

4. Lydia says

I am currently in search of this bedroom set! If anyone has any pieces for sale or has seen any at a store I would so much appreciate a reply! I have recently purchased the green telephone booth, and the green/yellow hutch as well as the 6 drawer lowboy dresser from someone off Craigslist in Minneapolis. Again very interested in this and I would so love to have as many pieces as I can find, so if anyone has seen anything please let me know, thanks!