A Mamie pink bathroom for Sims 3 – midcentury classique for the virtual world

Pink bathroom for Sims 3Last year Sarah — who creates and shares designs for Sims 3 — created a midcentury modern Sims kitchen based on my kitchen. I went poking around her blog, AweSims, again, and wouldn’t you know it, she has created a Mamie pink bathroom for Sims! It was an “extra” to go with a blue jazz room, but hey, the bathroom is proving twice as popular — 3,800+ downloads so far. Pink bathrooms: Super popular back in the day… resurgent in real homes today… and de rigeur virtually, too. Sarah, is that an American Standard sink? I need to bone up on my designs, I’m slipping. Yes: Awesome!  xoxo

Pink Bathroom Preservation CampaignAre you new-ish to the blog? Maybe you don’t know about my mini-campaign — to Save The Pink Bathrooms. Click on over to this site to learn all about ‘em and to Take the Pledge!

Comments

1. hannah says

Pam! I had no idea you were hep to the Sims!!! That’s a fantastic bathroom. I’ve not graduated to Sims3 yet. I have it, but preferred to stick with Sims2. This may change my mind. :)

2. hannah says

Hi Bridgette and fellow Simmer!

I bought a new PC specifically so it COULD handle Sims3 – but I didn’t dig the game play. Plus, trying to learn how to download things was a major chore (though I’m beyond savvy in DL for Sims1 and Sims2 lol). And, when I started there wasn’t much user created content to speak of save for textures. I have nearly everything from Holy Simoly. :)

I just bought my first home in April 2010, and have been having too much fun decorating IT – so the game has been on the back burner for 6 months! I finally opened it over the holiday weekend, then last night.

Peace -
    hannah

3. Dianne says

Hey, Pam…It’s amazing the places pink bathrooms show up. Toby Keith’s video for the “Red Solo Cup” actually includes a fantastic pink bathroom! There are other “retro” features in the video, but not as obvious as the pink bathroom. Fun, fun, fun!

4. Anastasia says

I LOVE the retro bath from “wizards of Waverly Place” Which just had it’s series finale last night! AWESOME seafoam and black that is almost like the bath in my Apartment Bath right now! I’m glad people are keeping the great stuff from the past and just making it funkier and fun, lol!

It sure is American Standard! It is basically my dream sink!
    I made it after I fell in love with this picture

it comes from this set http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/03/30/ts3-midmod-bath/ :) Mine’s not as detailed as the original, because sims models need to have less polygons, but I think I got the general vibe of it!

Oooh I am giddy about being on Retro Renovation again, lol!

6. tiffany says

hey do you know what kind of wallpaper and floor your using i love this idea but i have no idea what your using i was going to try to make my bathroom in sims similar :) please let me know asap thanks :)