Planning and preparing to remodel my master bathroom, so far I have come up with two midcentury modern bathroom design concepts — my first was a Flintstones-meets-Jetsons bathroom design… and the next, an atomic 1950s bathroom design. Today: My third mood board, which we’ve dubbed Pink and Yellow Custom Stenciled. I like my bathroom to be light and bright. We already know that I really want my retro modern master bath remodel to include lots of pink, but this idea board gets some lightening and brightening from one of the sunniest colors around — yellow! Besides adding some cheery yellow to the mix, I’d be doing some customization of off the shelf products for this look…
- Imagine this retro bath bar light with some silver starbursts or another reto shape or pattern stenciled on it like Trixi and Jon (and since then, quite a few others) used in their retro bath remodel.
- In lieu of using a fancy wallpaper or rock wall on this idea board, a large, plain mirror covers most of the vanity wall and provides plenty of opportunity for light to bounce around the room.
- This Kohler bath faucet is simple and modern, but its compact design and chrome finishing work well with the retro aesthetic.
- Like both of my previous idea boards, this affordable sink/countertop combo from St. Paul Home Products seems like just the thing to top my retro dresser made into a vanity.
- The retro dresser I scored on Craigslist for a mere $25! It has just the right look and measurements for my retro modern bath remodel project.
- This pinwheel tile floor doesn’t come in white and pink, that would have to be customized by me. My plan? To purchase the pinwheel tile in black and white, then purchase some unglazed ceramic pink tiles, pop out the black ones and painstakingly substitute the pink tiles. It would be a lot of work, but worth it in the end!
- I’m loving the shape of this flush mount chrome rimmed lamp. I think it works with both the modern and the retro elements in the room, and I could further customize it with a starburst stencil or two on the bottom of the light.
- Here, once again is my all time favorite towel bar – the star back plate towel bar from Rejuvenation.
- Once again, I’m hoping B&W tile has a retro pink for my shower wall tile!
- A classic retro choice, white 1 x 1 inch tile mosaic for the shower floor – hey it must be authentic since It is currently a part of my original 1962 master bath.
Painting the walls a cheery yellow might not be the end all be all for this retro modern master bath remodel idea board. I could possibly also stencil an atomic starburst or other shape (or perhaps even freehand something) on the wall to add more interest. The key to this look is taking affordable parts and customizing them to look like pricier products. Shhhh! — Don’t tell anyone! It will be our secret!