100+ photos of DIY Christmas ornament wreaths — Upload yours, too

ornament wreath makeIt’s been Wreath Mania 2014 at my house again this season. In the quiet after my wreath-making party, I made three wreaths of my own. Because I know that lots of readers have been busy with their own hot glue gun festivals, I powered up an Uploader. 100+ wreaths in our Uploader so far (including from last year’s holiday uploader) — let’s see yours!

shiny brite ornament wreathAbove: My red-green-silver wreath, with lots of weebits — a knee-hugger elf, a vintage mica ornament, a porcelain Santa, antique reflectors, a holly berry pick, teensy pinecones, two bottle brush trees — and hanging bells. I pushed my design skills making this wreath harder than ever, working to incorporate lots of weebits. I gifted this wreath to my friend Michelle at Finders Keepers vintage shop in Lee, Mass., as thanks for helping to enable my ornie hunting. I love her shop!

Viewing tip: Click on any photo in this story (and other stories on the blog), and it should double in size on screen, so that you can see greater detail. Once the photo is enlarged, click on the right hand side of it, and you will be able to see all the photos in the story like a slide show.

ornament wreathAbove: This blue and silver wreath was for a friend, by request. Note the owl, which I glued into the open cavity of the ornament… I love the big spray of silver balls… and I also loved using the decopauge ornament.

gold wreathAbove: This gold and green wreath is possibly my favorite of all time. It is so glowy — I got out the professional photo light to try and get a photo to do it justice, this still doesn’t quite. This wreath is for my Aunt Mary Anne. I am going to make another one, in the same color palette, for me next year.

pink wreathAbove: I made this pink wreath after Christmas last year, so I don’t think I ever showed it on the blog. It’s pretty over-the-moon glowy fabulous, too. This and the blue wreath are the most “perfect” wreaths I’ve made, although, on the other two I made this year, I took more chances, pushed my boundaries in terms of incorporate more elements.

Upload photos of your Christmas ornament wreath:

Have you made a wreath using vintage and/or new ornaments? Upload your photo(s) here:

• (1) Use the Description field to type in your caption info — this will be visible to others once the photo appears.
  • (2) I need to approve photos for publication via my control panel and will be checking throughout the weekend to do so. Please, just submit once.
  • (3) Wreath photos only. Our holiday decor uploader is coming Friday.
  • (3) Terms of Use apply.

[ngg_uploader id=370]

Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

Comments

1. Jay says

I like your red and green wreath with the bells, it’a a fun one with all the vintage items but I agree, the gold and green wreath is a real stunner. The silver and gold ornaments do seem to reflect light where the red, green and blue ornaments absorb light. You’ve become a real pro with these wreaths.

2. Carrie says

I love the creativity, and use of vintage ornaments. The wreath with the monster is great-is that taken from an old magazine?

3. lynda says

Pretty as can be. How nice of you to organize crafting parties to make these beauties. Years ago I used to organize crafting get togethers to make kissing balls, topiary trees, Christmas trees, garlands and wreaths out of fresh boxwood. We also made fresh green centerpieces with pine, holly, etc. Everyone had so much fun. I got the idea to make fresh items after a holiday trip to Williamsburg one year. Not very retro, but still fun! The book I used is on Amazon. It must be a newer version since I did this 20 years ago. Christmas Decorations from Williamsburg –is the name of the book on Amazon.

4. Teresa says

The ones I downloaded look elongated, out of proportion. And I can’t get the slide show to work. Is this because I’m viewing on iPad? Your wreaths are gorgeous! These are addictive, I made 5 this season.

There are issues with the slide show. I have it with my dev team. Sigh.

I don’t know about ipads – may not render. Blame Apple.

Website now coded so that large-size uploaded images render properly.

Long story short: We switched plugins a while back, settings needed to be readjusted.

Peoples, you don’t wanna know about the technology behind running this site. Seriously.

• says

Some photos are fine, but several are still out of proportion. Tried both my Chromebook and PC. On a better note, the slideshow is working now 🙂 All wreaths are fabulous!

• Kristy says

I had some that were still out of proportion too but I hit “reload” and then they showed correctly. If that doesn’t work try clearing your cache.

Yup, clear those caches.

I am not happy with all that white now, but I am too exhausted to try and tackle it. In the new year. But yes, the photos now are controlled to no more than 1000 pixels wide, even if they’ve been uploaded four times wider… I would ask people to only upload photos cropped to 1000 pixels wide, but most don’t know how… When I am in a mood to torture Kate (more than I do normally) I have her go in and remove every image, resize it, then reload it. That would be a best practice. But I don’t want her to quit.

5. Dana says

Pam,

These are so beautiful … it’s the only craft I’ve ever been able to finish. The only problem with these is that I am spending my Christmas budget on ornaments instead of presents! Now I’m looking for other things to glue onto a wreath, and other things to make out of the balls. You’ve created a monster here.

Me too.

Do you crochet? Next year I will be crocheting around the solid color balls. I need to learn to crochet first. Shoot me.

• Lauren says

Crochet around the ornaments!???!!! Excellent idea! I love Sheruknitting.com crochet tutorials on YouTube-she has the sweetest voice and her technique is second to none.

I found one good tutorial on YouTube already, although it made my head hurt. Nonetheless, I think that next year I will seek to conquer.

Oh my gosh! Pam’s gold and green wreath is Beautiful, Breath taking, and Stunning; my Dear Hubby loves it too!

As a matter of fact, all of the wreaths are gorgeous!

Merry Christmas everyone!

7. Sharon says

Oh Pam,
    I can’t stop looking at these wreaths you made, Wow Beautiful.
    There’s so much to look at in each one, the placement and colors
    are beyond compare. You are truly gifted with talent and I’m so
    glad you share your talent for all of us to see. I leave the wreaths up
    on my computer so I can see them all day long. Thank you Pam
    for making our days so happy. Sharon

8. Katie says

Do you have any advice on how to safely store the ornament wreath in the off-season? I’ve looked at plastic wreath cases that are sold in stores but they are for much larger wreaths and have a hole in the middle which won’t fit.