Back to our 61 pink kitchens, #21-30 today:
21. Love this pink kitchen designed for a 1957 Modernfold door ad!:
22. Is that plastic fruit to the left of this photo, of a quite ‘real’ 50s pink and birch kitchen, from Kitchen Business, 1956?:
23. This comes for 1944, and the reddish hues of the drawing hint at all the pink to come. Be sure to enlarge and read the text. With the end of WWII, renovation of the kitchen was #1 on everyone’s list!:
24. This 1957 is a real classic. I love the pink combo with soft green, and I think that I got the idea for the soffit wallpaper treatment in my kitchen from this image. Notice also, the wall cabinet refrigerator to the right:
25. A second shot of the spacious kitchen above — great retractable light, and another (!) refrigerator unit on that side:
26. A 1958 ad for a washer and dryer – aren’t they great? Marketers and designers really tried to get women to accept the w/d into the kitchen. Clearly, it didn’t catch on– we needed our laundry rooms:
27. A 1964 illustration from a Sears Harmony House collection. Move over, Mamie, the 60s have arrived!
8. Another ’64 image from Sears Harmony House. I adore this kitchen with its painted pink wood cabinets, ‘spotlight’ cabinet pulls, and orange floors and orange plaid wallpaper. And look – Corning Ware!:
29. A 1957 “Rose Red” steel kitchen, great grey countertops:
30. And we conclude today’s pink fest with these pink steel cabinets available for sale today, from John Lewis of Hungerford, in England.