Mary-Frances has respectfully requested some 50s rooms that I ‘hate.’ While I will stop short of expressing this intense of an emotion, I have to admit, I’m pretty close on this one. Here are some things to like:
- Black-painted furniture is great, and I like how the color modernizes the lines of the Federal-style furniture
- Floor is wonderful.
- I like how the ceiling is painted to contrast the walls.
On the other hand, the negatives drown out the positives:
- This curtain look is just not my favorite, except for maybe in a girl’s bedroom.
- Wallpaper – scale too big and the colors too stark.
- Red satin on the chairs – bordello. Black/pink/red color combo – same.
- Eagle – holey moley.
Overall, I find the room ‘screeches’, rather than ‘sings.’