I

I’m looking for green 1950s tile. Do you have a contact for Olympia Tile?

I’m looking for green 1950’s tile. Do you have a contact for Olympia Tile? — Karen

Bad news, friends, but the Maple Leaf tile sold by Olympia Tile has been discontinued. As you will recall, I really liked some of their colors. I am told, that we may still be able to get the tile until all inventories are depleted. Meanwhile – I definitely recommend you try B&W Tile, and if you are in the U.K, this British Tile. I don’t know if they export to the U.S. but I sure do love their colors right down to the PINK and the MINT, which is perfect vintage 50s 60s! Hey Fiona and Clare – you have better sources for tile than we do!

Finally, there are some good retro colors now available from Dal-Tile and American Olean, and possibly U.S. Ceramic (I do not have their latest board.) Read the Tile Category for all updates on this most critical subject!

1. Kelly says:

Does anyone know where I can get 4×4 sky blue ceramic bathroom tile for replacement in a house built in 1965?

2. Chris says:

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get yellow 4 x 4 ceramic tiles? I also need the bull-nose trim tiles as well,

Cheers,
    Chris

1. pam kueber says:

Chris, if you are creating an Entire bathroom from scratch, you also should be able to get yellow from major manufacturers like Daltile or American Olean. Also try Ann Sacks.

3. Carol Barber says:

I ordered samples from Nemo tile in NY. The SO523 matched the pistachio green in my 1950s bathroom perfectly. I may not need it, like I thought for our plumbing project but great to know.

4. Angel says:

We have begun the move into my in-law’s house to help care for them. The upstairs bathroom is pink and aqua (maybe mint) floor and wall tiles with pink sink/toilet and aqua tub. Any suggestions on what color to paint the upper wall and what color curtain/towels to use?

And just when you think it couldn’t be worse…the downstairs full bath is burgundy and gray floor/wall tiles with all burgundy fixtures–any ideas for that one?

Everything is in excellent condition so we just can’t justify a remodel, and it brings back great memories of my grandparents’ homes.

Thanks
    Angel

5. scathingjane says:

If you still need, EBAY right now has some bottle green & jade listings.

I thnk all listings are “buy it now”. “Rainsplitter” is the lister. Has some medium brown & dark black as well.

I just bought the “oatmeal” to fill in some holes.

6. little red says:

oooh I commented on a another article about this tile. If anyone wants this I am very happy to order and ship to you.

I spend my visits to the states in despair at all the things I want but can’t bring home and I’d be very happy to help anyone. Not sure how costly it would be but I’m happy to help if I can!

Fiona in the UK!

1. pam kueber says:

No, Patricia, I do not sell on this site. I spotlight retailers offering products that could be appropriate for mid mod remodels. See my Category: Bathrooms / Tile for a variety of retailers who may have the tile you need. Note: Olympia no longer selling Maple Leaf tile.

Comments are closed.