S

Sanderson Vintage wallpaper: Slide show

Several readers have expressed love for Sanderson’s revival of the 1930s “Swallow” wallpaper. Sanderson sent me all the room shots, full-sized, so I’ve uploaded them into this delicious gallery. See Sanderson’s vintage collection hereTip: Click on the first image to launch the slide show.

1. pam kueber says:

hi bridget – we will add a link in our story to the collection. i am sure it was there before but it must have changed. the manufacturer — sanderson — can provide more info but you will need to contact them. good luck!

1. Candice says:

This may be too specific for the blog, but i think I’m going to bite the bullet and get some of the swallow print to paper my stair risers (craftsman home), anyone know a US seller?

2. SaraTinkelman says:

The swallows are heartbreaking. They seem so dream-like, as if they’d flown in at the window from another time…

3. J.R. says:

“…Counting flowers on the wall, that don’t bother me at all…”
    Easy to see where those 1965 lyrics may have came from.
    Honestly, as a first class hater of wallpaper, ( I can’t help it, the blue velvet flocked living room and mirrored green ferns in the bathroom still haunt my dreams) I gotta say the swallows are great. I love the lions too, maybe not for a full wall, rather a half wall or inserted into wainscoted frames- their “cartoonish” whimsical sketch look would go great as a contrast to some sleek Danish modern stuff, but they remain impressively regal enough to match with dark and heavy Spanish revival styles and could even work with an asian theme.

1. pam kueber says:

J.R., I do not normally allow the four-letter h*** word on the blog — this is only decorating, for gosh sakes — but I’ll let your comment, through, as you are coming around to walllpaper! 🙂

4. Alice says:

Pam – the Sanderson lead is wonderful! I went on their site and have ordered several samples. I agree with RetroSandie..Dandelion Clocks is a hum-dinger! And those swallows! gosh!

5. RetroSandie says:

Pam, I went on the Sanderson site and notice that there is an awesome print called “Dandelion Clocks” which is a Retro 50’s print. I liked it a lot and maybe some of your readers might be interested in this one. 🙂

Comments are closed.