Congratulations to Amy Hill and Cindy Friday — the two readers who won a “Love The House You’re In” collage — featuring them and their houses — specially created by collage artist laureate Mel Kolstad. Mel’s been doing a Love The House You’re Inn collage-a-month for the blog. ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. But, we thought we’d take it one step further by getting readers involved. On Tuesday night, I used the random number generator at random.org (I to select the two winners. Their numbers came up! (I did not try to “judge” the comments — everyone’s were great — I selected the winners randomly.) Mel has started working with them on their collages. Thanks to everyone who participated. Your comments — AMAZING! We love our houses, that’s for sure!
Here were the rules:
- Leave a comment below, answering the question, “Why do you love the house you’re in?”
- You must sign up for my weekly newsletter.
- Residents of U.S. and Canada only.
- I’ll pick two winners from among the comments with a random number generator at 8 p.m. on April 19. (I will cross-check that they are newsletter subscribers, and if they are not, I will pick again.)
- If you win, you will send up to three high-resolution images to Mel, she will create your collage and mail it to within a month. The collage is mounted on a 4″x4″ wood tile with a notch for hanging – it’s very cool!
- Pam will confirm with you whether you’d like it featured on the blog or not – your choice.
- If this all goes well, I’ll continue the contest every month.
What do you think? Wanna win? Why do you love the house you’re in?