Where to find decorative concrete blocks – also known as architectural screen blocks? This question is coming up a lot, and I would like to build the definitive list right here. I tend to believe that you need to buy this stuff locally or regionally — or the shipping costs will kill you. Many thanks to Scathing Jane for researching this list, and to JHL III who sent me the question (and one repeat find) prompting me to finally feature Jane’s list. Do you know of a supplier in your area? Send me an email or leave a comment below, and I will add it to this list. Alphabetically, here’s what we have so far: .
- Cloverleaf seems to be on Home Depot’s website! Thanks, Marisa, for the tip!
- Phoenix & more: Superlite – has a few designs. Thank you, Vintage Velo Feb. 2016 for help with this new link!
- ABC-Central Block and Brick — Russel in Comments says: “Interestingly enough, their website doesn’t show any of the shaped ones they make, but driving by they have pallet after pallet of all shapes and styles.”
- Littleton & Pueblo: Boral Best Block used to be on this list, but we now get a broken link…
- Dacono: St. Vrain
- St. Petersburg: Carroll’s Building Materials
- Venice: White Cement Specialities
- Orlando: A1 Block Corp. — The lead photo above is from A1’s terrific website – family-owned since 1952. 🙂
- Kapolei: Tile Co. Inc.
- Consumer’s Concrete — had screen block when this story was originally written, not sure any more…
- Allied Building Materials looks like it stock Orco. Thanks, Heidi, for the tip!
- Ted in Comments says Cemex in Ashville says they can supply it in limited styles; but it is not shown on their website.
- Philadelphia area, three locations: Fizzano Brothers. Frannie’s tip in Comments: “I just went down and picked some up for a project I’m doing in Brooklyn.
They cost between $1.20 and $3.50 each, they have two styles, and weigh about 26 pounds each. They also told me that they have a retail distributor for them in Northern New Jersey. I’m sure if you called them they could give you the info.
- Greensburg Concrete Block, Greensburg, PA (added July 2016)
Puerto Rico, via Carlos:
- -Fabrica de balaustres Nelson Noriega, 787-366-4115
-Artesania Sinai, 787-243-3079
-Empresas Ferhanni, 787-251-4430 http://www.empresasferhanni.com These might also produce blocks:
– Balaustres Alfonso 787-263-3122
– Junior’s Balaustres 787-616-2073
– Fabrica de Balaustres Ornamentales 787-823-3150
- Cranston: Park Ave Cement Block
- Dotty in Comments poitns to Augusta Concrete Block in North Augusta; website inconclusive but this one sounds promising.
- Headwaters Construction, San Antonio — Wendy said she found the Square in Square pattern here in 2012.
- Austin: MPI Austin. Reader Chelsea went there in 2017 and said they had two designs.
Search the U.S. some more:
- Macrae’s Blue Book, via tip from Amy
- Dee Why, NSW: Besser Block
- Claytone Products
Slide show of patterned concrete block styles available from various suppliers. Click on first thumbnail to start the show, then click on the arrow below the image to move forward or back: