S

Starburst tiles from Ann Sacks and Barbara Barry – simply gorgeous

These 4″ field tiles — etched atomic starbursts — are stunning. And the selection! They are available in 1-starburst, 2-starburst, 3-starburst and 4-starburst designs — and in 20 gloss colors — 16 matte colors — four crackle colors — and there’s even a “blossom pink” that if not *Mamie* pink, is headin’ in that direction. This stuff will make you swoon.

Ann-Sacks-Starburst-tile
Remember this story? JoAnn and Mark used this tile in their new bathroom.

UPDATE: These tiles are now discontinued, but I will keep this story up for historical purposes.

To see slide show, click on first image then move forward via the arrows just below the enlarged image:

Thanks to Amy, who found these tiles and sent me an email so we could also share the tip. They are sold by  Ann Sacks, a top-end company, under the Barbara Barry brand. The website says that they are $30/ s.f. — about $3.33 a tile.

CategoriesBathroom Tile
  1. Diane says:

Hi,

I really like the starbursts in these tiles for my kitchen backsplash, but do you think they look too “bathroomy” for a kitchen ? Maybe a matte tile for a kitchen?

P.S. This has tile has been discontinued but I called Ann Sacks and they said I could special order from them if I decide to use it.

1. pam kueber says:

No, I don’t think they look too bathroomy for a kitchen…. Yes, I also like the idea of matte for a kitchen – I am assuming you are talking about a backsplash. I am planning to tile my backsplash as a next project, and will use matte finish tiles for sure.

2. Diana says:

Are these tiles still available? I don’t see them on the website under any of the Barbara Berry links. 🙁

1. pam kueber says:

I think they are now discontinued. Check with Ann Sacks, though, I recall one reader who was still able to find some stock….

1. Lori Fruth says:

My home was ravaged by Hurricane Harvey. I salvaged some orignal Atomic Tile, but need these to compliment where I had to demo due to damage. Can anyone help me find these please?

3. Heather says:

I saw these on your website (thank you!) and went to my local Ann Sacks to get some samples. Unfortunately, they are much thicker than standard tiles. I wanted to use them as accents since they are pricey, but that won’t work without A LOT of work (thinner thinset behind the Starburst tiles??).

4. jkaye says:

I would want these starburst tiles scattered through the design, rather than having the entire Milky Way on my walls. I can’t tell exactly from the link if the tiles come in a plain form. The uneven-ness of the edges seems a bit disconcerting with the precision of the stars. But it’s great that someone is coming up with such designs.

5. Hayley says:

These are amazing, but i was totally cracking up at the caption for each photo!

Love Scott’s suggestion about painting them. Mmmm!

6. Maryanna says:

Ooh, there’s a 2″ by 6″ trim tile too! For those who worry that the 4″ square ones won’t look right with a standard field tile, this could be a neat decorative option. A lot less expensive, too.

Lovely! These are an excellent find. Thanks for sharing! 🙂