B

Butch Anthony: Creating art, and a gorgeous home, from junk

This video is breathtakingly beautiful, demonstrating how we can create beauty out of virtually anything around us. You don’t have to spend a lot. You just have to Pay Attention. A sane life: Use it Up, Wear it Out, Make it Do, Do Without. Thanks, Denise, from On the Verge of Snapping, for spotting this wonderful video about Butch Anthony, his Museum of Wonder, and his beautiful home made completely of recycled materials.

1. Ann-Marie Meyers (Skylark) says:

With all the senseless, rotten, things going on in the world today, it touches my heart and brings me joy to know there are people like these two men alive, doing what they do.

2. Maryann says:

I too, have seen him a couple of times on “American Pickers”. He’s fascinating and so inspiring! Have never seen the house until today. It’s incredible!!
    Thanks for sharing Denise and Pam!

3. Barbara H. says:

Thank you! I live in Alabama (since mid-2007) so he definitely going on my “to see and do” list.

4. Beth says:

If you really want to drool, go look at his wife’s clothing design site, alabama chanin. They were out of harm’s way during the tornadoes, thankfully!

5. Lori says:

He is great!!! I have seen him on two different episodes of American Pickers. The guys just love him.

6. Just beautiful! What a creative and peaceful life he has forged for himself. I want to sit in a room of that house for an hour and just be there. Thanks for sharing, Pam!

7. Elaine says:

Beautiful! I love to see the things people transform with their gifts. Since he is in Alabama, I had to look him up on the tornado map. Fortunately he is well south of the path of destruction.

8. denise says:

Hey Pam, glad you liked it so much. I like how humble he is, just doing his thing. I’m still in awe of the peace his house emits.

Comments are closed.