R

Retro house bloggers install a Sputnik chandelier… bullet lights… Ikea curtain tracks and more

sputnik lightThis week’s spotlight on busy-bee-retro-bloggers and other relevant home design news starts with nickarmadillo of Mid-Century Midwest, who finally got his vintage sputnik light installed. Nick lives in St. Louis, a midcentury treasure trove, and bought this “for a song” last year at an estate sale. Nick, we all completely understand it when you write,

I <3 this chandelier!  I mean I REALLY LOVE it.  If marriage to inanimate objects was legal in the state of Missouri, I’d be writing my vows right now.

Continue on for news from Retro Roadmap… Midcentury Reno… No Pattern Required… Retro Ranch Revamp… Mr. Modtomic… and Uncle Atom.

Also in the news:

Thank you, all!

1. Mr. Modtomic says:

Just wanted to take a moment to say Hi Pam and say thanks again, this time for showcasing my Eric Buck Barstools Find posting (sorry so late!), and thank you to everybody who’s come by to check them out!

2. Karen says:

Pam — Do you really sell the different faceplates for the Dishmaster? Or are they available only from the company? Getting ready to install one, but I may have misread one of your captions …

Great everything here! Thanks!

3. Kate says:

Thanks Pam!

Hopefully your link to my IKEA Kvartal Cutain how-to will help even more frustrated installers find my helpful tutorial! 🙂 Darn those IKEA instructions! 😉

4. Annie B. says:

I’m so jealous I can barely type. My Holy Grail is a sputnik fixture. Yours is a beauty.

That’s one gorgeous dining room. What’s in your china cabinet?

1. Annie B. says:

You are so welcome!! I was wondering what do you have inside that beautiful china cabinet? Hard to see from photo.

Thanks again!

5. Uncle Atom says:

Thanks for the love Pam 😉

BlueJay is correct, there are a lot of pastel bathroom fixtures at the Community Forklift, and the prices on those did look good.

Comments are closed.