18-foot long sofa — Thayer Coggin vintage 1970s

Thanks to reader Wendy, who spotted this one. Yes: A three-piece, 1970s vintage sofa from Thayer Coggin that is 18 feet long. It’s for sale right now on ebay, and is located in Canton, Ohio.

This is sa-weet. It is a like a seductive python that has squirmed its way into my brain. And, This Would Actually Fit in My Living Room. Life is Not Fair, I Do Not Need to Bring an 18′ Sofa Into the House Right Now. Shop owner Adam — featured in the photo above on the sofa with the boys in the band after a gig, says:

Hi Pam,

Thanks for ther interest in my sofa I love the thing to death. I have seen two similar — one they were asking $9,800 and another 14,900.

I am sure it must have come out of a club I am including a few photos I hope these come through larger then the ebay ones.

The last One is a after hours picture of the band we had for the Night at Are Chamber Event based off the Mad Men Tv Show.

You can follow us on Facebook

Tip to using the ebay carousel: To go to a particular item, click on its photo (NOT on the ebay logo) — then, click on the lime green “View and Bid” box, which will take you to ebay. Disclosure: When you buy anything from these ebay carousels or after you click into ebay here, it nets me a teensy commission.

1. Melanie says:

Incredible sofa! Thanks for posting this. Not something I would ever want in my house, but SO fun to look at!

2. Diane says:

That looks like something I saw in the lobby of a Jewish resort hotel in the Catskills…Anyone old enough to remember The Pines? Think “Dirty Dancing” Their nightclub was called The Persian Room, with deep lavender seats, carpet, ceiling, walls and stage curtains. Total swank!!

3. Jeanne says:

That is one sexy sofa! I’m thinking Studio 54 with Andy Warhol, Liza Minnelli and Bianca Jagger lounging on that thing…

4. Denise says:

I live 8 miles from Canton, and work there as well. There is much undiscovered coolness in this area, so it’s great to see some of it featured here on Pam’s blog.

5. wendy says:

Isn’t it marvy?!! I have a 70’s sofa not nearly as fabulous, but fairly cool. It is my dad’s, who bought it around 1973. I am going to put it up on the forum for anyone interested.

6. Retrosandie says:

Wow! That is one gorgeous sofa!!!! All of the young men sitting on it look pretty snazzy, too!!! 🙂