R

Rejuvenation starburst bathroom hardware no longer in production

Get the last remaining stock o’ starbursts while you can

atomic-star-towel-ring-rejuvenation mid century modern bathroom towel bar with atomic starburst mid century modern atomic starburst toilet paper holder mid century modern style robe hook bathroom shelf with atomic star holder atomic star towel ring from rejuvenationSome sad news today on the retro wire — thanks to a tip from Facebook follower Shawn — we’ve learned that is was necessary for Rejuvenation to discontinue of their Perry bathroom towel rods, rings, hooks, and shelf and toilet paper holders — including the atomic stars aka starbursts and the squares, too. Pam reached out to Marketing at Rejuvenation, which confirmed:

We’ve lost our vendor/partner for the Perry bath hardware collection. We simply cannot make it at the moment. When we are able to align with a new partner, we’ll re-evaluate the collection and decide whether or not to move forward with it.

Good news, though, Rejuvenation also said:

As a whole, we have no intention of discontinuing our MCM collections or leaving mid-century design.

Starburst stock still available — but when it’s gone, it’s gone

Meanwhile, we called customer service directly and learned that there still is some stock from this line available at the warehouse and in some Rejuvenation stores. So if you’ve had your heart set on adding these starbursts to your retro bathroom or kitchen remodel: Act Now.

According to the phone representative I spoke with, it is best to call Rejuvenation directly to confirm availability and to order, versus trying to place orders through their website, which is not linked directly to inventory.

This news pushed me into a personal panic involving the starburst toilet paper holder…

As soon as Pam told me about Shawn’s tip, my heart started beating wildly. Fearing the worst, I immediately navigated to the website and found that some pieces from the line were no longer listed. Panic began to set in, since I still have not found a vintage starburst toilet paper holder for my retro pink bathroom remodel, and the reproduction starburst TP holder from Rejuvenation was my back up plan. I quickly dialed Rejuvenation’s number. Within minutes, the representative confirmed my worst nightmare — okay, that is an exaggeration — that the Perry Starburst bathroom hardware line was on the outs. Immediately, I dashed to the other side of the house to get my wallet.

The friendly sales rep must have wondered why I was suddenly slightly out of breath. I babbled something about me needing a starburst toilet paper in polished chrome to finish my epic pink retro master bathroom remodel. Then there was a long pause — I thought I’d been disconnected — but it was probably the sales rep trying to stifle her laughter — or maybe she was just searching through inventory. Yes, that must have been it.

Indeed, she was able to find a polished chrome starburst toilet paper holder for me. Crisis averted, phew. Relieved, I thanked her profusely and asked how many items in this line were left overall. She said the available stock is extremely limited, and if an item was no longer available on the website, it is likely gone or only available in stores with stock remaining on their shelves. Her advice was to call immediately for best availability. Anyone who has been thinking about purchasing starburst bathroom hardware from Rejuvenation, there is precious little time left to secure yourself some of this bling. Stop procrastinating.

Now please excuse me while I go lie down for a minute.

1. Caroline says:

Ah man – I called the main number first thing this morning & she said the stores were completely SOLD OUT! Thanks a BUNCH for the tip, as I will be calling the stores direct myself asap 🙂

2. tammyCA says:

Makes me wonder (or fear) what’s coming next after the faux-European and Industrial look becomes passe? Even less color and variety?

3. Joe Felice says:

But isn’t finding the right pieces to the puzzle half the fun of a retro remodel? I take great pleasure in this. (Although most people think I’m crazy, and they may be right.) You would not believe what I had to endure to find the glass tile for the back splash in my kitchen! The planning is a big part, and the finished product is a joy to behold. Although, I have to say, being a Sagittarius, my projects are never really “finished, as I always seem to find something to add. LOL So it’s a journey, not a destination.

BTW, how’s the planning going for the first-ever Retro Renovation convention in Orlando? I cannot wait!

4. CHRISTENSEN, TAMAR says:

Holy Moses! A house guest just broke the acrylic ring on my starburst hand towel holder and I discovered this article after trying to order a replacement part. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I can do???

I’ll be so bummed if I have to take this down as my bathroom is decked out in the whole starburst suite and I love it.

5. Deb Kelley says:

Do you have any more starburst bathroom fixtures? If you do could you send me what you have and the cost.

6. Ann Baker says:

I am renovating my bathroom and missed out on the last reproduction Starburst bathroom fixtures. Can anyone tell me of ANY place I can get these? I am willing to pay for originals. I’ve been scouring eBay for months, and I’ve found nothing. It breaks my heart that I didn’t know to grab these earlier. I would be eternally grateful if anyone had any leads for me….. reproductions or originals. I need some starbursts in my life!

7. Brenny says:

A guy on Etsy is making them now. He has the towel bar in different widths. I asked him about toilet paper holders and he responded that he is working on that design now and those will be ready in a few weeks. They aren’t just like the Rejuvenation ones or originals, but they are really nice.