K

Kent Coffey Perspecta style kitchen and bathroom cabinets in this stunning 1972 Washington time capsule house

broyhill brasilia kitchenTour-a-Time-CapsuleWe love it when we spot a time capsule house with interior design features we’ve never seen before, and here’s a beauty: A 1972 time capsule home in Burien, Washington, with gorgeous Broyhill Brasilia Kent Coffey Perspecta style kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Fascinating cabinetry! This lovely home — original owners, first time on the market — also features stunning views of the Puget Sound, well-kept landscaping, and a showpiece stacked stone fireplace with a secret door. Thanks to reader Nicole for this hot tip! And update thanks to reader Eric for calling our attention to the design differences between Broyhill Brasilia and Kent Coffey Perspecta furniture; the differences are relatively small but still visible.

1970s time capsule home From the realty listing:

• Price: $860,000
  • Year built: 1972
  • Square footage: 1,970
  • Bedrooms: 2
  • Bathrooms: 2.5

Absolutely stunning bluff-view home in sought-after Shorewood on the Sound. Never before on the market is this 1972 custom-built paradise. Gaze through wall-to-wall windows at eagles, islands, ships, sails & sunsets from nearly every room. Interior features a midcentury vibe with rich Asian influenced architectural detailing & custom built-ins. Covered parking for three cars, automatic generator, shop area, wine cellar, new TPO roof & more all on one of the finest dead-end streets in Shorewood.

1970s time capsule homeThe custom Brasilia-Perspecta-style cabinets continue into the living and dining area, where wall-to-wall windows take full advantage of the amazing water view.

retro bathroom 1970sThere are even more Perspecta-style custom cabinets in the home’s sizable master bathroom and more foil vintage wallpaper.

mirrored wall tile bathroom retroLook at this fabulous bathroom — it has it all — vintage mirrored wall tiles with gold marble veining, stained glass window, built-in rock filled planter area and a completely tiled tub. A 1970s bathroom sanctuary, for sure.

1970s time capsule homeAnother notable feature is the home’s main entryway, which has custom stained glass on either side of the double entry door, lovely vintage wallpaper (metallic foil, it appears), and a brick-like natural tile floor. Look closely at that stacked stone fireplace — we bet that the little rounded double doors open to a storage nook for firewood…

1970s time capsule home… Either that, or the little round door is a gateway to a(nother) magical realm.

Mega thanks to Nicole for this tip and to listing agent Scott Monroe and photographer Dan Farmer for letting us feature this unique property.

Link love:

Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will double in size on screen… click anywhere to move forward and look for previous and next buttons within photo to move back or forth… you can start or stop at any image:

1. Gretchen in Greenwood says:

I’ve been enjoing this site for a long time, and this is the most stunning property you’ve ever shown, I believe. There is nothingi would change, all is perfect.

2. Robin, NV says:

I’m not classy enough for this house. 🙁

Amazing price considering the location. Those kitchen cabinets are incredible! Custom job perhaps?

1. Kim Taylor says:

Keep in mind that Burien is in the flight path of SeaTac Airport, so you’ll hear airplane noise a lot.

1. Rita says:

I grew up in Burien and never heard airplanes. This house is right on the water, so I’m sure that’s not an issue.

3. Ruth Bowman says:

I’m thinking the price is so low to start a bidding war. There’s no way it’s going to sell that low. I’m guessing well over $2m when all is said and done.

I love the cabinetry and adding some retro-new appliances in the kitchen would really make it pop. I am insane for the banquette!

That sunken bath is a lost cause. I h**** [edited]. the gold veined mirrors when they were au current in the seventies. That bathtub is cool, and by that I mean with not way to retain the heat of the water (and with limited hot water tank capacity) there’s no way you could wallow in that tub for long without catching cold. It would be easy enough to put in a proper tiled whirlpool though, with modern warming!

As for the eighties furniture. Pass. Too soon.

If I lived in Washington, I’d be ALL up in this listing, it is gorgeous!

1. pam kueber says:

I think that the 80s done well is design done well. This house is design done well!

I love the built-in ovens… and the gold veined mirrors!

1. pam kueber says:

Yay, and be sure to say hi to realtor Dan for us if there is an open house and you go. He was great to work with!

4. Trish says:

This was especially fun to look at as it reminded me so much of the house I grew up in. The bathroom with the built in vanity and all the mirrors was a trip down memory lane. Thank you for posting. I truly love all that is done here at Retro Renovation.