W

Witco tiki art hula girl princess — all mine!

I dropped everything to drive two hours south, to pick up this gorgeous, pristine, amazing Witco tiki hula girl artwork at an estate sale, then drove two hours home. The piece is 60″ high and 30″ wide — a real statement piece for sure! I also got a small Witco stool that sat under it for many many years. Like, since 1980, at least. She will be a crowning jewel of my Mahalo Lounge! I am so psyched!

Categoriestiki and bars
  1. Neil says:

4 hours of driving…………..countless hours of pleasure; it’s a no-brainer!
    Even 60 years from now, when any driving is but a memory…she’ll be thanking you for making it count, where the rubber meets the road, and bringing her to her mahalo home.
    Neil

2. Dana says:

4 hours of driving is nothing compared to the regret you would always have felt if you hadn’t gone to get her!! Enjoy!!

3. Carol says:

Aren’t you glad you picked green for the sofa? Two large splashes of green to highlight the drapes, awesome. I can’t believe how much the fireplace surround really looks like stained and varnished wood. Very impressive!

4. Carol says:

Oh, and the drive is always worth it. 3 hours for a credenza, and 2.5 hours for tanker desk. With craigslist and ebay, those are short drives. I’ve got to stop clicking other cities on craigslist, for specific things. It’s hard to stop the hunt sometimes.

5. Mary Elizabeth says:

Just goes to show how far some people will drive to avoid paying taxes. I’ve never extended, because once you have calculated how much you owe so that you can pay the bill, aren’t you almost done with the paperwork?

6. Mary Elizabeth says:

My DH does the taxes in this house, and he has used Turbo Tax for many years. The thing that takes the most time is not filling out the forms–it is gathering the materials that are applicable. He especially has problems with my info, which strays to various corners of our ranch house. I’m getting better, but it’s a Sisyphusian effort. (You remember Sisyphus, who spent all day every day rolling a rock up a hill, only to have it tumble down at the end of the day?)

7. donna says:

There are some great places for info and people that are more than happy to help you with ideas on Facebook. Home tiki bar builds is one. Tiki Collectors is another great source. Some of the people are religious about what they consider tiki, but don’t let it sway you, plenty of others will help answer questions. The guy who wrote “The Book of Tiki” Sven Kirsten has even been known to make a comment every so often.

8. Melinda says:

I use two websites. Estatesales.net and estastesales.org. You can set up preferences and they will email you with sales that match your parameters.