R

Rubber tips for double pipe kitchen table legs — where to buy replacements

double leg kitchen table tipsA reader wrote to ask:

I have an  old Formica table with double pipe legs, they had double rubber tips on the legs that were totally unusable,  where can I find replacements?

Answer:

How about >> these “sockettes” << from one of our favorite go-to places for such items, IFSCO? Available in five standard sizes and three standard colors. You need to buy minimum of 16, each $1.50.

Update: Well, howdy hudee, look what Erika found on Amazon; I do wonder if these are IFSCO parts, just purchased in bulk and then listed for sale separately the big-A:

1. Karin says:

Pam, you never cease to amaze me. I had a 50s dinette set with single rubber “animal claw feet” sockettes on the ends of the legs. They were kind of creepy, but I liked them, and they kept scuff marks off the floor. Two were missing, and not having a resource, I lived with it. Have you ever seen or heard of this type of sockette?

2. Kristin says:

Thank you! I rescued a Virtue Brothers table from a garbage heap and only one of the double-capped feet was intact. I will give these a try!

3. Roberta says:

I have a table that uses these and IFSCO’s customer service is wonderful. Your post today reminded me to call them about sizing. Minimum order quantity on these is 16ea, so I expect I’ll have a few left over, LOL.

4. AnnF says:

If there is a smaller neighborhood hardware store near you, try them for items such as these. I have found many items in these stores that I thought they no longer made.

5. Phil says:

Good to know! I have those double rubber tips in black on my small kitchen table.

Thanks for taking the time to share this!

6. Angela says:

We used the Garelick brand on our Formica table. They worked wonderfully. Sometimes they are at marine supply stores as well.

7. Kelley Chapman says:

Walmart.com carries the double chair leg tips in white. Looks like my old formica table is getting this color (originally black.)

8. ERobinson says:

Their shipping though is nuts. $21.00 to ship 16 sets of little caps? That’s crazy. So you need to spend $45 in order to cover 4 legs for one table. That’s more than I paid for the table!

9. susan colvard says:

Looking for these tips in Summerville SC. Cannot find anywhere.
    Looked in the internet and they are pictured but I cannot find a company that carries them. Please advise.

10. Pam Kueber says:

There are hotlinks right in the story – brite blue text = a hotlink. There’s also a link to Amazon.

11. Bruce says:

They aren’t I bought the same ones they are crappy hard material I’m buying the other ones they are rubber

12. Lizzie says:

Hello there, I am looking for replacement pins (or is it “locks” or “shims”) for my formica table. These long flat pins attach the legs to the underside of the table. Can anyone help? Many thanks

13. pam kueber says:

I don’t know the answer to this one. Perhaps a company like Heffron’s could help you with a question like this.