R

Rubber tips for double pipe kitchen table legs — where to buy replacements

A reader wrote to ask:

I have an  old Formica table with double pipe legs, they had double rubber tips on the legs that were totally unusable,  where can I find replacements?

Answer:

How about >> these “sockettes” << from one of our favorite go-to places for such items, IFSCO? Available in five standard sizes and three standard colors. You need to buy minimum of 16, each $1.50.

Update: Well, howdy hudee, look what Erika found on Amazon; I do wonder if these are IFSCO parts, just purchased in bulk and then listed for sale separately the big-A:

1. Karin says:

Pam, you never cease to amaze me. I had a 50s dinette set with single rubber “animal claw feet” sockettes on the ends of the legs. They were kind of creepy, but I liked them, and they kept scuff marks off the floor. Two were missing, and not having a resource, I lived with it. Have you ever seen or heard of this type of sockette?

2. Kristin says:

Thank you! I rescued a Virtue Brothers table from a garbage heap and only one of the double-capped feet was intact. I will give these a try!

3. Roberta says:

I have a table that uses these and IFSCO’s customer service is wonderful. Your post today reminded me to call them about sizing. Minimum order quantity on these is 16ea, so I expect I’ll have a few left over, LOL.

1. ERobinson says:

Their shipping though is nuts. $21.00 to ship 16 sets of little caps? That’s crazy. So you need to spend $45 in order to cover 4 legs for one table. That’s more than I paid for the table!

4. AnnF says:

If there is a smaller neighborhood hardware store near you, try them for items such as these. I have found many items in these stores that I thought they no longer made.

5. Phil says:

Good to know! I have those double rubber tips in black on my small kitchen table.

Thanks for taking the time to share this!

6. Kelley Chapman says:

Walmart.com carries the double chair leg tips in white. Looks like my old formica table is getting this color (originally black.)

7. susan colvard says:

Looking for these tips in Summerville SC. Cannot find anywhere.
    Looked in the internet and they are pictured but I cannot find a company that carries them. Please advise.

8. Bruce says:

They aren’t I bought the same ones they are crappy hard material I’m buying the other ones they are rubber