The main reason for my recent Grand LA Tiki Adventure was to see the opening of The Art of the Tiki exhibit. The exhibit was fabulous, and the opening night party was insane! There is a hardcover book to go-with, and I picked up an extra copy to go a giveaway here on the blog. And of course, I had it autographed by Sven and Otto! Read on for entry details.
Sven wrote the book, there are tons of great photos, and there are essays by Shag, Otto and Jordan Reichek. Otto also gets author credit because he curated the exhibit. I have not had time to read my copy yet, but it looks like a must-have addition to the super-collectible Sven Kirsten library of titles!
The book’s description, from the publisher Last Gasp Books:
The Art of Tiki is a passionate study of the Tiki idol as an art form. For the first time, contemporary Tiki art is united and presented equally with what inspired it, original mid-century Polynesian pop. Author Sven Kirsten combines his first-hand experiences in exploring the birth of Tiki style with his intimate knowledge of the Tiki Revival, painting a vivid, visually arresting portrait of a unique, always new art genre. The Art of Tiki is published in conjunction with the 20th Anniversary Tiki Art Exhibition at La luz de Jesus Gallery in Los Angeles.
How to enter to win this book:
- To win, you must be a subscriber to our newsletter —> Sign up here — and REMEMBER to click the confirmation email to confirm your subscription; if you are already a subscriber, you don’t need to sign up again (Yes, this is “what’s in it for the blog” — you can opt out at any time after the contest ends, or continue on for the stories and because we like to do giveaways every now and then!)
- Then, to enter, use the Comment field on this post below and tell us: What is making you happiest about your house right now?
- One entry per person. U.S. and Canada residents eligible.
- Entries close on Friday, Oct. 20, 9 a.m.-ish Eastern — that is, we will close the Comments field at that time.
- Prize: There will be one winner and I’ll mail you the book.
- Pam will choose the winners via the Random Number Generator at random.org. She will email the winner. [Tip: Be sure you enter your email address correctly in the email field of the Comment form.] The winner will have five business days to respond. If we do not hear from them, we will choose the next person who commented. Lather, rinse, repeat. We will post the winner’s first name as soon as all is confirmed.