98 plastic decorator panels — New Old Stock by Manchester Products — discovered and for sale

manchester products plastic decorator panelTranslucent plastic panels made by Manchester Products are pretty darned cool, and after my story on a NOS stash found a few years ago now long-gone, I continue to hear from readers looking for them. I also hear when new stashes are found. So here we have for your pouncing, as appropriate: 98+ Manchester Products Co. decorator panels, aka Crista-Lite Decorator Panels, recently discovered and now for sale out of Michigan. In this trove, there are three options. Many thanks to sell Eva, who gave me permission to show these photos and feature her listings for sale.
plastic decorator panels 1970s manchester products
plastic decorator panels aztec maya redThe pre-Columbian pattern was found in bulk in two colors. Above: Red.

manchester acrylic wall panels

Second: The pre-Columbian pattern, in a light green.

plastic decorator panels 1970sAnd third: A very pretty crackle-glass look design in green.

manchester products plastic decorator panel

These panels were made by Manchester Products Co. of Chatsworth, California. Oh my word, things ended about as badly as badly can get. There is even a wiki page, yikes.

Note, the seller told me this about shipping, in our email exchange:

Ebay only gives one option for shipping — so I think that scares off some buyers because the shipping is so prohibitive — I have shipped a couple of these by Greyhound, and while it was about 1/2 the cost of UPS it took over 3 weeks to get there and there was no tracking — so picking up would be optimal if someone wanted to purchase multiple pieces.

Where to see and buy these Manchester Products plastic decorator panels:

CategoriesCabinets
  1. Diana says:

I just know that by the time I get to either build or move to my final house all these things will be long gone. The no’s sinks, toilets, breeze blocks and accessories like these. Sigh. Always a day late and a dollar short

2. Eva Smith-Furgason says:

🙂 I have the same fear! We have been working on our house for several years now and when I see something that’s going to fit in the final version of the house – I get it. (Much to my husbands chagrin) I have my kitchen sink, countertops and tiles, pedestal tub, and more all stashed away until we’re ready to hit that part of the remodel. Yeah, it’s a bit of a pain, but I know I won’t miss out on the cool stuff when I can find it at a great price.

3. Calif Phil says:

That is quite a tragic ending. I just scored three wooden room dividers with Orange plastic panels in them on Sunday. I will have to look and see if maybe they were made by Manchester.

4. Barbara says:

You are my sunshine my only (retro) sunshine. You make me happy…when I cross off one more item on my retro list.
    LOL
    THANKS SO MUCH PAMELA!!
    I bought some!

5. Mary Elizabeth says:

I remember the murder case but never knew what the plastics company made. Very tragic way for a family to end up.

6. Linda G says:

I just finished watching the new HGTV show where they remake the house used for the exterior of the Brady Bunch into a replica of the set. I couldn’t help but notice that the acrylic panels they used to make the Mondrian-like art piece by the staircase were totally flat and without the interesting texture. It’s kind of a shame, and doesn’t have the same rich look. They went to all lengths to recreate the pattern of the sofa, and 3-d print part of the horse statue. Wish they could have found acrylic like these.

7. joseph nannariello says:

Hi,
    During a recent renovation the top of my bell was lost. Its a mid 60’s Rittenhouse, is there anyway you can help me replace it? Its a rectangle clock that slipped over the top. I could send pictures of the chimes and mechanism hanging on the wall. Thanks Joe

8. Max says:

If anyone has some of these panels for sale can you please let me know,I’d like to purchase some for a project. Thanks