Victorian meets mid-century modern time capsule for sale in Adams, Mass.

adams-house

Here is something you’ve never seen my site: A house built in 1890. But… think again…because this Victorian mansion, built on a stately hill in the shadow of Mount Greylock in Adams, Mass, is the very same mid-century time capsule of estate sale fame two weeks ago. The time capsule here and here and here. The house was extensively renovated in 1952…then, there was more work done in the late 60s or early 70s.  In the market? [Update: Sold.]

Comments

1. Robyn says

It would be awesome to buy this home. I stumbled across this site and what a JEWEL!!!!! Your site has restored my confidence in my 1930’s bungalow in Maryland.
    I can now toss the sledge hammer that I was going to use in my dinner mint bathroom.

Thanks Again,
    Robyn

2. Virginia says

We should all pool our funds and buy it as the Retrorenovation clubhouse.

The exterior seems like it has been “ranchified” as well.

3. Robyn says

I recently saw how you helped another reader with a turquoise bathroom. Can you point me in the direction of locating shower curtains and such for a mint green bathroom? Should I post pics? Also, we have a Philco-Bendix washer that I have no clue how to use and I would like for someone to have it if they want it.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

4. Helen says

I can’t believe this was the house! What a shocker … I only wish the agent’s photos were as good as yours, and hope they can get an appreciative owner.

WHO WOULD BELIEVE! Talk about a fooler. no one would have guessed. I was hoping though that your picture in the post was the way it looked today. I can see that it’s the same property.
    Pam, when was the picture taken that’s in your post?

Hi VeryVintageVegas (Uncle Jack), the postcard image is from 1890 or so….the original family sent it to me. My photos of the estate sale were from about two weeks ago.

6. Jacquie says

I just HAD to comment on an amazing find on CL …Minnepolis, posted just within the past few days. Frigidaire drop down ( the folding kind), in stainless steel, and the matching wall oven for $200!!!!! Please…. somebody who can use this in their MC home, grab it quick. It is too big for my kitchen or it would be here. I have vintage GE cooktop and wall oven now and they are cool but this one is ever so amazing…it says it is from the Pillsbury mansion in Minnetonka!! Go for it!!