Over on the Forum, reader JoAnn Wiltrakis has discovered our 74th known brand of vintage metal kitchen cabinets: Even more wonderful — this is our first brand of vintage aluminum kitchen cabinets: “Olympia Kitchen Kabinets.” She writes:
JoAnne, congratulations and many thanks – this is a terrific find! I have some questions, though:
- I don’t know about things like the properties of metals, so can someone tell me: Does aluminum even rust?
- Car guys (said in gender neutral way, I am part Californian): Would these aluminum cabinets have been even More Expensive than steel back in the day?
- Washington staters: Was there a big aluminum manufacturing complex in Olympia? Perhaps associated with the aerospace industry?
- 52 PostnBeam, will JoAnn be able to combine them with other brands?
- And JoAnn, where will you put your magnets?