• 306 photos of reader living rooms — Upload your photos

May 8 update: 306 photos so far in our gallery — wow, this has been EPIC! Hey, readers: Keep getting out the camera, get artsy fartsy with your angles, and let’s see your living room, too! Uploader enabled —>

I went looking on the blog recently for photos of readers’ living rooms, and I was disappointed that I did not have too many. My bad. Do you have a mid mod or vintage living room that you are super proud of? I invite you to upload your photos and share them with the Retro Renovation tribe. Above: Betty Crafter‘s midcentury modern living room — reflected in 70s mirror tile adjacent to the front door. So pretty!

janes midcentury modern living room photoAnd above: Jane’s living room. Also dreamy. Have fun with your photos — use natural light (no flash) and have fun with your angles; most cameras today, including those on phones, take great pictures. So experiment to get the best shot — yes, you, too, can be artsy fartsy! Instructions follow –>.

Upload photos of your living rooms, belowTips:

• Please set your camera to no bigger than “medium” images, so files aren’t too large — large files really slow down the slide show for all to view.
    • (2) Uploader DOES work but message you get on screen *may be* funky and confusing. Upload ONCE and trust the image it there — I just need to “set new photos free” from my control panel and will be checking hourly to do so.
    • (3) Terms of Use apply.

[ngg_uploader id = 218]
    Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

• Get our retrolicious free newsletter.

Comments

1. Stephanie from N.C. says:

I have throughly enjoyed looking at all these wonderful photos. How refreshing to see other folks who “take the interior design road less traveled” and do so with pride. I posted three photos of my kitchen as seen from the living room of my 1953 ranch. It’s is a very bright yellow kitchen, so the photos are easy to spot. I inherited a Sellers baking cabinet from my parents which is visible in the photos. If anyone is knowledgable of these cabinets and could help me date it I would be most appreciative. Also there are two large plates hanging over the cabinet with floral prints. The plates belonged to my mother and there are no markings on the back to idenify the manufacturer. They are at least 40 years old. Does anyone know what they are?

2. What a feast for the eyes! I love the original “my mom’s living room.” That fireplace is gorgeous.

3. Barb S. says:

I am drooling over these photos!!! I love Sylvia’s blue drapes in the first two photos! And that pink couch with the fringe….yum!…. My living room is WAY retro, more like 1902 Parlor. Can I still participate?

• pam kueber says:

sure, upload away!

• Barb S. says:

Oopsie! Forgot about the basement living room! I hereby dub myself “Bargain Basement Barbie”. (The couch is 17 feet long, thanks for asking.) Thanks Pam, this is fun!

4. Cynthia says:

These are so inspiring! I’m filing this post away for future reference. My living room is currently decorated in “three young kids run through here and play here all day long, so cool retro decor is at the bottom of the priority list for awhile.”

Someday, though…my kids won’t act like bulls in a china shop forever, right? ;-)

5. nina462 says:

Love these rooms – makes me want to have a moveable cocktail party in each one! It’s giving me some good ideas for my shopping this summer :) Makes me think that my living room could change a bit from the more early american to a more modern. Hmmm, I will have to think on that. So, thanks very much for all the pictures -

6. SebastianFortLaud says:

So jealous…I liked the smaller spaces, like Anne’s apartment in NYC since we have a 1/1 condo from 1960-something, which has been gutted to be awkwardly contemporary. Fortunately they didn’t put turn-of-the-century-apropos woodwork around the windows. Just, when I see these spaces I love them all but somehow feel they are mostly “too much” or “not enough.” I hope I don’t make that mistake. I am giving myself 24 hours to think about it but I might purchase a PERFECT ‘Madmen’ style suite from Macy’s tomorrow…I know, I should ‘look’ but since we just moved in I need more than the bed & my 1960′s chartreuse chair to sit on, haha! ;)