Jubilee kitchen wax — aka Johnson’s wax — is back!

Jubilee kitchen wax — is back. I received the news this morning. (Doesn’t this bottle look so pretty at the top of our homepage?) Here’s the scoop, so far:

UPDATE: You can now get single bottles of Jubilee on Amazon (affiliate link):

The consumer sales representative for Malco, Products, Inc. wrote me:

We just licensed Jubilee® Kitchen Wax from SC Johnson and have it available on our website. I was hoping that you might be able to write about the product relaunch so consumers know they can find it now. As of know, it is only available on our website but we plan to have larger distribution soon.

I know that this was a very popular wax back in the day. I think that readers have brought it up before as a product they’d like to see back on the market. Here’s what Malco’s website say Jubilee can be used for:

Jubilee is an easy-to-use liquid furniture wax made especially for protecting while cleaning appliances, Formica laminated plastic, ceramic tile, enamel and wood.

Jubilee cannot scratch, never dulls, is stain resistant and puts down a tough, hard shine that protects surfaces while making spills easier to wipe clean. Jubilee removes: grease spots, soot, lipstick, food stains, crayon, fingerprints and yellow cooking films.

I asked the Malco rep right away, “Is it the same formulation as in the way-back-time-machine days?” She quickly replied:

As far as the formula goes, it is the original formula but we did have to change one raw material that was no longer available and made the product VOC complaint. We also re launched the product Grease Relief last year just FYI!  It is available on our website, Amazon and other online stores.

Can Jubilee really be used to brighten up laminate counter tops?

Grace Jeffers has told me “no” – that plastic doesn’t like wax, it likes polymers, because it’s a polymer. On the other hand, didn’t our moms and grannies etc. use Jubilee a lot a lot?

And look closely at the label in the lead photo on this story: “Fatal if swallowed.” READERS, NOTE!

Disclaimer: Here on the blog, as homeowners ourselves, we may try new cleaning products aimed at solving our own cleaning problems; if we think we’ve found something promising to consider, we may write about it. But, we are not professional chemists or engineers or home economists. So, please: Do your own research into these products and their suitability for your projects before trying them. More info in Terms of Use.

Jubilee kitchen wax video from back the 1960s (?)

Thanks reader Chad for spotting this!

Again, the linky link: Jubilee kitchen wax from Malco Products, Inc.

Readers, do you have memories of using Jubilee? What do you think of this announcement?

1. mary graybill says

I used jubilee for years and loved it for kitchens, bathrooms. Have been looking for clesner but haven’t found anything I liked as well as Jubilee. So glad it’s coming back YEA! MARY

2. Gloria says

PLEASE make this in a spray again as you did back in my Mom’s day as she loved the spray but has used the liquid since we can’t get the spray anymore. We have been loyal Jubilee users for many years (she’s 82) my Grandmother used it, my mother uses it and I use it too !!! PLEASE make the SPRAY again it’s just as good even better if that’s possible.
    Forever A Faithful Customer
    Gloria & Gail

3. Claribel says

Me alegra mucho saber que Jubelee, esta en el mercado. Conosco el producto desde los anos sesenta y siempre lo use en los enseres de cocina, es maravilloso y los protege de la corrocion en los tropicos,donde hay salitre. Donde lo puedo conseguir en Puerto Rico.

4. tonya sharpnack says

Love love love..i would really like a free sample if any are available. It smells so good and is such a great cleaner!
    Thanks, tonya

5. Susanne Reeves says

little girl my mother had me polish black tile in the shower every Saturday Then it was polish all the living room tables coffee table hutches an paneled walls. And true it did make everything shine. When I would take a shower afterwards the water would bubble up on the the black tile. That was in 1960 I was 11 years old. I live in the house now helping to take care of my 89 year old mother and I am 66yrs and the tile in the bathroom is the same and looks just as good today as it did back then. I believe it because of Jubilee Kitchen Wax. Susanne (Meyer) Reeves of Oroville,CA.

6. Donna Huber says

I am so glad it is back. I loved using it. All of my friends commented on the way my tiles shined in my tub area.

7. Barbara Winkler says

I love i! I was so disappointed when they stopped making this product and could never figure out why they stopped. It is wonderful. I used it on all my appliances and you never saw fingerprints on any appliance. Great for counter tops. They look so clean. I have been looking for Jubilee for a ver long time. What I used though was in a spray can. It would be so nice if they would put in a spray bottle; but I am happy the way it is. This is the best for cleaning up your kitchen. So glad I finally found it. Thank you for returning this product to the consumer.

8. Paula says

Can Jubilee be used safely on the painted surface of an automobile? I would love to use it to remove bugs from the front end of my car.

• says

The Jubilee label indicates it is for painted wood, so I’d imagine that painted metal would be OK. Haven’t bought it in a while, but there is (was?) a product called “bug and tar remover” for car finishes, which I remember being pretty strong stuff, stronger than Jubilee.

Still, it might be a good idea to ask Malcoware (current manufacturer for Jubilee) to check. Here’s a link. Let me know how you make out, I may need to do the same thing myself.

Speaking of car surfaces, I used Jubilee on the vinyl top for my Imperial, and it got rid of the haziness, and brought out the lustre. It’s less harsh than Armor-All too.

9. Linda Moore says

I was talking about this product to my sister just this afternoon! I couldn’t believe she’d never used it! I told her I would check online to see if it’s still available. I am very happy to see it’s back. I used it in a spray can, though, never a bottle. Well, I guess a bottle is better than none at all. Thanks for bringing it back! Do you know of any retail stores that carry it?

10. MarkinDC says

I was at the TruValue store near me, and saw it last weekend, so they are carrying it. A bottle goes a long way, I also used the spray can before, but like to use the bottle more now. I apply it like wax on the car. Rub some on, let it dry, then buff out.

11. Lynn says

We used Jubilee regularly on “everything.” I got one of those varigated copper refrigerators in the early 60s. Loved the way the Jubilee made it look, along with other appliances. One day I tried it on the top of my hair dryer. Remember those? They sat on the table or counter top and lifted up so you could sit under it? Well the plastic didn’t like the Jubilee and, when I touched the cloth to the plastic, the plastic melted slightly and the cloth stuck to the plastic, so test first…which is recommended, anyway. So that’s a lol on me.

My husband was an avid reader. He bought and read, all sorts of used books. His discovery was that, using jubilee on the covers of these old books, all sorts of materials, cleaned and renewed them. He was forever telling everyone about his discovery. He even wrote the company about it. He was excited to find a way to renew and protect his collection.

12. Cathy says

I LOVED jubilee. I have looked for it for years. I remember using it in a spray to clean or appliances when I was 10 yrs old. You know, back when kids worked. I loves the smell and how fresh it made the house smell. Can’t wait to use it again. AND grease relief!!! I couldn’t believe when I couldn’t get it anymore. We have a land and animals and get DIRTY when we work. Now I can get jeans clean again!! I’m happy!