Jubilee kitchen wax — aka Johnson’s wax — is back!

jubilee
Jubilee kitchen wax — is back. I received the news this morning. (Doesn’t this bottle look so pretty at the top of our homepage?) Here’s the scoop, so far:

UPDATE: You can now get single bottles of Jubilee on Amazon (affiliate link):

The consumer sales representative for Malco, Products, Inc. wrote me:

We just licensed Jubilee® Kitchen Wax from SC Johnson and have it available on our website. I was hoping that you might be able to write about the product relaunch so consumers know they can find it now. As of know, it is only available on our website but we plan to have larger distribution soon.

I know that this was a very popular wax back in the day. I think that readers have brought it up before as a product they’d like to see back on the market. Here’s what Malco’s website say Jubilee can be used for:

Jubilee is an easy-to-use liquid furniture wax made especially for protecting while cleaning appliances, Formica laminated plastic, ceramic tile, enamel and wood.

Jubilee cannot scratch, never dulls, is stain resistant and puts down a tough, hard shine that protects surfaces while making spills easier to wipe clean. Jubilee removes: grease spots, soot, lipstick, food stains, crayon, fingerprints and yellow cooking films.

I asked the Malco rep right away, “Is it the same formulation as in the way-back-time-machine days?” and, when it might be available as single bottles — right now the only way you can buy it is by the case on the Malco website. She quickly replied:

As of now it is only available in a case of 12.  We just had our first run last Thursday and have not gotten samples out to reps yet for distribution.  I am guessing it will be available at Hardware stores and online specialty stores but cannot say who will pick up this re launch.

As far as the formula goes, it is the original formula but we did have to change one raw material that was no longer available and made the product VOC complaint. We also re launched the product Grease Relief last year just FYI!  It is available on our website, Amazon and other online stores.

If you send me your address I am happy to send you a sample of Jubilee® to try for yourself!

Heck to the yeah, I said! Send me a sample.

Can Jubilee really be used to brighten up laminate counter tops?

Grace Jeffers has told me “no” – that plastic doesn’t like wax, it likes polymers, because it’s a polymer. On the other hand, didn’t our moms and grannies etc. use Jubilee a lot a lot?

And look closely at the label in the lead photo on this story: “Fatal if swallowed.” READERS, NOTE!

Disclaimer: Here on the blog, as homeowners ourselves, we may try new cleaning products aimed at solving our own cleaning problems; if we think we’ve found something promising to consider, we may write about it. But, we are not professional chemists or engineers or home economists. So, please: Do your own research into these products and their suitability for your projects before trying them. More info in Terms of Use.

Jubilee kitchen wax video from back the 1960s (?)

Thanks reader Chad for spotting this!

Again, the linky link: Jubilee kitchen wax from Malco Products, Inc.

Readers, do you have memories of using Jubilee? What do you think of this announcement?

Comments

1. Sue Hulbert says

I remember my mom using this alllll the time and she was a clean freak. We had a white vinyl chair and every week as a little kid I was given an old cloth diaper and the bottle of Jubilee to “polish the chair”. It also worked great on white leather tennis shoes. I also remember her polishing the frig with it.

Are there any free samples available at this time? This used to be my favorite polish for my Formica countertops and vinyl furniture. It worked wonders on the vinyl cover for the boat and the snowmobile seats. If they have added a UV protectant, that would be the most awesome addition o a wonderful older and loved product!!!!

Not that I know of, Maureen. But please read through the comments — there are plenty of places readers have identified where you can buy one bottle at a time…

3. diane says

THANK YOU ….THANK YOU…. I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN THAT WONDERFUL CLEAN SENT…I USED YOUR PRODUCT ALL THE TIME…THAT WAS MY ALL TIME PRODUCT..EASY TO USE AND OH MY …THE RESULTS WERE SHINE, SENT, AND YOU JUST KNEW THE COUNTERS WE CLEAN AND THE BATH ALWAYS HAD THAT BEAUTIFUL JUST CLEAN SENT…I CAN’T WAIT TO LOOK FOR IT TODAY..I WISH I COULD JUST ORDER IT ON LINE RIGHT NOW…THANKS AGAIN FOR BRINGING IT BACK…………….THIS IS ALL IN CAPS BECAUSE I REALLLLLLLLLLLLY MEAN IT…THANKS

4. Jerry says

I used Jubilee for kitchen, shoes, floors and best of all a cars white car seats while I had two young boys growing up. Swore by it. Where can I get it now?

5. Susan says

I’m going to tell my mother about the Jubilee. She always used it on our kitchen cabinets. Nowadays, I’m the one who can use it — I’ve got Republic Steel cabinets. I’ve been using Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish. When I first discovered that it made everything GLEAM (not just shine, but GLEAM, and this includes glass doors, tabletops, mirrors) , I thought that I’d finally found a replacement for Jubilee. Though I’ll probably still love my Weiman, NOW I can have the Jubilee! Thanks for the news!!

6. Randee says

So sad to read on the bottles I just purchased that it should NOT be used on granite or stainless…so there goes my Jubilee smelling kitchen! :/ I will be returning the products

7. Paula says

Until now I hesitated to use Jubilee on my leather dining room chairs. Well, they look fantastic! It turned the leather to a rich brown color – at least a million dollars worth. :)

8. Phoebe says

I know that Vermont Country store carries Jubilee but they are way over priced and shipping on top of that. I have been looking for it for ages. Where else can I buy it. When will more stores have it and which ones. I love JUBILEE.

9. Cindy says

I’ve heard some Ace Hardware stores carry it. Others will order it for you by the case. Call first (unless you have some major cleaning and need 12 bottles).

10. kevin says

Ace Hardware stocks it in its warehouses but doesn’t necessarily have it on the store shelves unless requested from customers due to space limitations. I contacted my local franchise owner from the website and did so. They will sell them both individually and by the case. The individual unit price is exactly 1/12 of the bulk price–around $6.00 if memory serves.

11. Pat says

We used Jubilee in our kitchen when I was a little girl and my mom and I loved it. Great cleaner, and made our appliances and counters look so nice. Loved the smell, too. It also made things clean up so easily for quite awhile after cleaning with it. Spills and marks wiped up much easier. So glad to hear it is available again. Now to find out where I can get it. Thanks for bringing it back. When I grew up and got married I used it in my home, too.

12. Janice says

I used this product for my white / flecked with gold Formica counters for years. I didn’t have to worry about blueberries, I would reapply a little on a rag and it came out spotless.

13. Carol says

Looked forever for Jubilee, a staple in my mother’s house! I agree the spray was more convenient, but at least it’s back. (Maybe I’ll try sticking a pump sprayer into the bottle.)

I just found it at Midland Hardware’s website for $4.47 a bottle. They stock lots of old-timey favorites and the shipping isn’t too crazy.

I ordered two bottles of Jubilee, along with two bottles of Noxon 7 metal polish and a nice sized box of Spic N Span. Total was $28.66, and they shipped FedEx.

Though I love Noxon, I’m going to try the Weiman’s polish mentioned by another poster.

*Happily stepping into the way-back machine!*

14. Anna says

Wow! I don’t know why this cleaner/wax popped into my head today, but it did so I Googled to see if it was even made anymore. My mom used to have me clean the fridge and stove with Jubilee all the time. Funny thing is, even though I hated the “chore” itself (I was around 9 or 10 at the time), I liked the smell of the cleaner. I hope I can find some around where I live (Bloomington, IL). I would love to have it to clean all my appliances now. Thanks for the info!

15. Barbara Wegley says

I loved Jubilee and have been looking for it. I always used it on the tile walls around the tub and shower. I’m hoping I can still do that but will also use it in the kitchen now.