W

Where to get a toilet seat to match my vintage toilet?

american-standard-toilet-seats

Where can you find the perfect pink, peach, blue, sunset tan, mint green or harvest gold toilet seat for your vintage toilet? We have three basic answers to this common question about updating your 40s 50s 60s or 70s bathroom – including a new-found source. A typical plea:

Hello,

I am new to your site, brought here because I am about to purchase a Las Vegas home built in 1970 (it will be the first house I’ve lived in that is younger than me).  The bathrooms have unusually shaped toilets, in a sort of peachy color.  Anyway, the toilet seats on them are an attempt to match the color, but not a good one, and the size/shape is obviously wrong too.  I am wondering if there are sources to buy seats that matching color and shape for what I assume is original.  I’d love to have them to put right away when we move in.

Thanks, Tami

A couple of answers so far:

See what I do for fun – I research toilet seats.

1. Gayle Shepherd says:

Pam , Could you tell me if I can find replacement hinges for my pink toliet seat? One of them broke. It is plastic and to buy a brand new seat again is expensive. This is the second one I bought and the same thing happens. It sure would be nice to get a hinge and fix it. The seat is in good shape. Thanks Gayle S.

2. Erin in Ohio says:

I know this is an “old” story to be commenting on, but I want to share with everyone that I’ve had a couple very positive interactions with Bemis’ customer service. This company deserves our business! I highly recommend them. I wish I had more toilets that needed replacement seats. 🙂

3. Julia Fulton says:

I have two American Standard toileds and both covers are peeling and ugly. They were installed in 1990 and are a dusty pink/mauve. They are elongated and sort of rectangle in shape. I have not been able to find them. I hope you can help. Julia F.

1. pam kueber says:

We do not sell anything here. We write stories with tips on where to find things. Start digging into our categories.

4. Nancy Law says:

I have a wall hung toilet with a 10″ bolt connection It is round and was installed in 1960 (American Standard) I have searched every
    where, I think. Ours is cracked on the seat. It is white..please HELP

1. Laura says:

I have the same problem. It sounds like I have the exact same toilet, or one very similar. What did you end up doing? Our plumber said it would be very expensive to replace a wall-mounted toilet, so we’re trying to find other options since it’s just the seat.

5. Kay Roos says:

I have a wall hung toilet probably about the 1960-70s model. It is elongated, about 9-10 inches between the bolts where the seat attaches to the toilet, and color is a soft aqua, American Standard brand. I need the toilet seat. Can you direct me on this. Thank you.

1. Pam Kueber says:

Kay, you can consult the companies listed — the bold blue text equals hotlinks to their websites (or google them)