Life is very amazing. Who would think that having a little blog would change your life in so many ways you didn’t expect. This is Astro. He is a three-year-old guy who so far has lived his life in a puppy mill in Pennsylvania. But his puppy mill got shut down, and he made his way to Denise, who does miniature schnauzer rescue. I met Denise on the blog, I don’t even remember how. Now, Astro will be coming to my house. I went to see Denise on Thursday to meet my little guy and affirm the match. He is very shy, but very, very sweet. Denise is not shy and very, very funny and wonderful. Her blog: On the Verge of Snapping. We had a great time — as if we had been best friends in high school and were re-connecting years later. Of course, we also took some time to go vintage-shopping. I’ll report more on that tomorrow. Meanwhile, meet Astro. I’ll pick him up at Denise’s on Jan. 25 to bring him to his forever home. 🙂

Tags
  1. sablemable says:

Oh, I am so happy that you’re taking Astro! All of our furkids (Rotties and Shelties) have been rescues and you’ll never find sweeter, more loviing dogs! It’s almost as if they know you are bringing them to a loving home and they are so grateful!

Denise, you are an angel! God bless you!

2. Andrea says:

Pam,
    SO happy for you and for Astro! When I read your Welcome, Astro story—with one eye on his adorable picture—I at first thought the second sentence said “Who would think that having a little DOG would change your life in so many ways…”

Well, it will—-for the wonderful! My mom had a Mini Schnauzer (Hilda) whom I remember very fondly, and I have four little dogs (careful…they’re like potato chips, hard to just have one!). Can’t imagine life without them.
    Astro is one lucky boy to be going to his forever home!

3. Barbara says:

Congratulations on your adoption! I’m sure that grateful pup will give you more love than you can imagine!!

4. denise says:

Kelly, I agree and when I talk to the new owners after a couple weeks, they confirm it and I think the humans have an extra bit of happy, too.

MaryDeluxe, thank you for your information on the Amish, I definitely would have set that thought straight. You are right, they do not regard them as little souls as many do, they are a commodity.

Andrea! thanks for the name idea of Hilda, I love it! and if another female comes in at sometime without a name and Hilda fits, she’s definitely getting it!

Thank you everyone for the appreciation of what I am doing with these dogs. I do but a pinch of what others in rescue service do.

ps: if I didn’t like Pam so much I might just keep Astro myself! — he’s a love! when he sits in your lap he melts into your body and looks up at you so adoringly…makes me just want to cuddle with him all day.

5. MrsErinD says:

Denise, you underestimate what you do, anyone who gives animals a home,love and rescue from such horrible lives is very appreciated no matter how big or small they are. And Pam too for adopting sweet Astro.

6. Janine Lee says:

You are going to love Astro (Love the name). I have a Schnoodle who is more
    Schauzer than Poodle. I say she has personality plus. Never had a dog with so much spunk. She too was from a puppy mill. I also have two resuced Shih-tzus. I can’t wait to see more pictures.