Over on the Forum, reader JoAnn Wiltrakis has discovered our 74th known brand of vintage metal kitchen cabinets: Even more wonderful — this is our first brand of vintage aluminum kitchen cabinets: “Olympia Kitchen Kabinets.” She writes:
JoAnne, congratulations and many thanks — this is a terrific find! I have some questions, though:
- I don’t know about things like the properties of metals, so can someone tell me: Does aluminum even rust?
- Car guys (said in gender neutral way, I am part Californian): Would these aluminum cabinets have been even More Expensive than steel back in the day?
- Washington staters: Was there a big aluminum manufacturing complex in Olympia? Perhaps associated with the aerospace industry?
- 52 PostnBeam, will JoAnn be able to combine them with other brands?
- And JoAnn, where will you put your magnets? 🙂
- All our stories about vintage steel — and now, aluminum, kitchen cabinets.
- And remember to BE SAFE / RENOVATE SAFE — for example, is there lead in the paint on your old cabinets? Be sure to assess what you have — get with your own properly licensed pros — so you can make informed decisions how to handle.