306 photos of reader living rooms — Upload your photos

May 8 update: 306 photos so far in our gallery — wow, this has been EPIC! Hey, readers: Keep getting out the camera, get artsy fartsy with your angles, and let’s see your living room, too! Uploader enabled —>

I went looking on the blog recently for photos of readers’ living rooms, and I was disappointed that I did not have too many. My bad. Do you have a mid mod or vintage living room that you are super proud of? I invite you to upload your photos and share them with the Retro Renovation tribe. Above: Betty Crafter‘s midcentury modern living room — reflected in 70s mirror tile adjacent to the front door. So pretty!

janes midcentury modern living room photoAnd above: Jane’s living room. Also dreamy. Have fun with your photos — use natural light (no flash) and have fun with your angles; most cameras today, including those on phones, take great pictures. So experiment to get the best shot — yes, you, too, can be artsy fartsy!

[Uploader now closed.}

[ngg_uploader id = 218]
Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

Categoriesliving room
  1. Barb S. says:

Oopsie! Forgot about the basement living room! I hereby dub myself “Bargain Basement Barbie”. (The couch is 17 feet long, thanks for asking.) Thanks Pam, this is fun!

2. Cynthia says:

These are so inspiring! I’m filing this post away for future reference. My living room is currently decorated in “three young kids run through here and play here all day long, so cool retro decor is at the bottom of the priority list for awhile.”

Someday, though…my kids won’t act like bulls in a china shop forever, right? 😉

3. RetroGal says:

Hi Mitzi –

YES! I bought it from you a few months ago and love it!!

Theresa aka RetroGal!

4. RetroGal says:

Hi Jenny –

The print is of a Detroit-based, but nationally known artist, SLAW. That print inspired the whole look of my condo! I owned that print probably two years before I owned my place! I have two originals that are much smaller in size, but hang in my kitchen and since this was an article about living rooms I didn’t post them. Here is his facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/slaw.art

(Sorry for the delayed response, just got back from a week’s vacation!)

5. Sue Sweeney says:

Thanks, Jane! We love our house – I call it our “Brady Bunch House”! Can you believe that when we moved in we had a friend who tried to talk us into getting rid of the pendant lights? To the left of the fireplace is the window above the front door. There are metal pendant lights outside, and glass pendant lights inside. To the right of the fireplace you are looking into the back hallway of the house. I love the brick, too, although it probably needs cleaning (not sure how to do that). I think that it is called “Roman Brick”
    Best,
    Sue

6. nina462 says:

Love these rooms – makes me want to have a moveable cocktail party in each one! It’s giving me some good ideas for my shopping this summer 🙂 Makes me think that my living room could change a bit from the more early american to a more modern. Hmmm, I will have to think on that. So, thanks very much for all the pictures –

7. SebastianFortLaud says:

So jealous…I liked the smaller spaces, like Anne’s apartment in NYC since we have a 1/1 condo from 1960-something, which has been gutted to be awkwardly contemporary. Fortunately they didn’t put turn-of-the-century-apropos woodwork around the windows. Just, when I see these spaces I love them all but somehow feel they are mostly “too much” or “not enough.” I hope I don’t make that mistake. I am giving myself 24 hours to think about it but I might purchase a PERFECT ‘Madmen’ style suite from Macy’s tomorrow…I know, I should ‘look’ but since we just moved in I need more than the bed & my 1960’s chartreuse chair to sit on, haha! 😉