N

New Old Stock pink, jadeite and turquoise kitchen sinks (and more)

pink kitchen sinkFresh (exhausted) back home from The Hukilau 2016 and catching up on my emails, I see that one of our current favorite ebay sellers has dug a bunch more sinks out of storage, including this New Old Stock Pink Kitchen Sink (affiliate link), turquoise and jadeite kitchen sinks, and more colorful gems.

turquoise-sinkjadeite-kitchen-sinklime-green-sinkPrecautionary Pam reminds: Remember, when considering purchasing vintage products — including New Old Stock — to assess them for safety and environmental hazards in their surfaces, layers and materials; for example, re sinks, tubs and tile, see my recent story, Understanding potential lead hazards in old porcelain enamel bathtubs and sinks and ceramic tile of any ageGet with your own properly licensed professionals to assess the issues so that you can make informed decisions how to handle. For more info and links see our Be Safe/Renovate Safe page.

All the New Old Stock from nomoredrama4me:

CategoriesSinks
  1. Kristin says:

Johnny, I was quoted $1800-2300 to have my set media blasted and powder coated, depending on the color I pick (in-stock vs custom), but that is for a small L-shaped kitchen (4 base + 1 sink cabinet, 7 uppers). I sent pictures and measurements to them and got a reply very quickly. http://lpfkc.com/

2. Johnny in KC says:

Thanks Pam. That info was helpful. But also created more questions.

I like that the kc company is getting lots of experience with these cabinets. That is reassuring.

Fyi I have a 60″ double drain board porcelain/steel sink that came off a 60″ ampco base. The kc porcelain refinishing company gave me a quote of $700 to refinish it.

3. Elizabeth from Texas says:

I adore the pink, of course! I just had pink laminate countertops installed in my 1965 restoration! So maybe the mint green would be even better…that’s the house’s secondary theme color. But I’m running low on budget so I’m likely sticking with the Delafield with Hudee ring that I already bought!!!

4. Grandma says:

Would love one of those! But there’s a stainless in this kitchen, although it is a 60/40 which I like. The Restore closed down here, so would have to go to another town to find something similar, if they even had one in good condition.

Would like the aqua (?) one, but can’t justify the price, over $500 w/shipping.

5. Froggy says:

Pam…Can you help me find information on a 1948 American Standard Bathtub? We renovated to install a jetted tub for hydrotherapy help. Also, have a lovely pink bathroom sink and a kitchen full of Youngstown big double sink and cabinets. Sink has rough surface, is stained and has two chips in enamel, but it is still beautiful! How would I DIY refinish the cabinets? Thank you for any help you can provide.

6. jason says:

Oh man these sinks look delicious! I am still convinced that the current manufacturers are going to offer more colors once they see so many of us drooling online over these NOS ones. One can only hope, anyway….

7. pam kueber says:

Hi Froggy, I am not an expert on this. You read about some of the approaches that readers took in our Kitchen Help categories — Readers & Their Kitchens and/or Steel Kitchens. Renovate Safe!

8. Wes says:

We just bought the turquoise one for our kitchen to go with boomerang counters and matching big chill appliances…