1930s wallpaper If glamorous 1920s or 1930s wallpaper is just what your house is asking for, here are four showy revived document designs with unparalleled provenance: Schumacher’s Fashion Forward Collection of original 1930s wallpaper designs by Paul Poiret. Paul Poiret was a ground-breaking couturier who took the Paris fashion world by storm in the early 1900s. As his fame grew, so did his lifestyle empire, including: He was the first designer to collaborate with Schumacher, itself one of the most famed brands in the wallpaper world.

Four 1930s wallpaper designs by Paul Poiret for Schumacher:

wallpaper pink bathroom
Even though there are two more colorways, I must show this “Blush” again — I’m obsessed with the thought of putting into a pink and black-tiled bathroom. Can you imagine! Who’s going to do it?

PLUMES ET RUBANS

In this 1930 wallpaper design created exclusively for Schumacher by Paul Poiret, champagne bubbles float around ostrich feathers and ribbons. The wallpaper is colorful, confident—and chic. See all three designs.

Paul Poiret wallpaper
ANANAS

A tropical landscape of pineapples nestled among lush banana leaves, Ananas is a 1930 wallpaper design that Paul Poiret created exclusively for Schumacher. Also available as a fabric. See all three colorways.

1930s deco wallpaper
PLUMES

In this 1930 wallpaper design created exclusively for Schumacher by Paul Poiret, champagne bubbles float around ostrich feathers and ribbons. The wallpaper is colorful, confident—and chic. See all three colorways.

Schumacher Paul Poiret wallpaper
DRAPERY

This 1930 wallpaper design created exclusively for Schumacher by Paul Poiret is a tour de force of trompe l’oeil: diamond tufting and hanging tassles create the effect of wall upholstery.  See all three colorways.

Link love:

Categorieswallpaper
  1. Dan says:

That first one with the ostrich plumes has Lana Turner written all over- but that Ananas! How cheerful, colorful can a paper get?

2. Ms. Vel-Vida says:

These are absolutely stunning! I totally agree, I can just imagine the blush Plumes et Rubans in a pink and black tiled bathroom. I can also picture it in an art deco dressing room, with a 1930’s Hollywood glamour feel. The Ananas pattern is also gorgeous, it makes me think of Dorothy Draper Martinique and Brazilliance, but with a punch of splashy color.

3. Cindy L. says:

Definitely the pink boa feathers tied in grey ribbons! This would have been perfect match with my pink & black bathroom.
    Just yesterday, I finished painting my newly created pink bathroom SW Pink Romance.
    Long time dream to do it… thanks for the inspiration and encouragement that it can be done with the right materials and craftsmanship. Will post a link once I get around to that. 🙂

4. Coopercapers says:

Gorgeous! I looked it up, $632.32 a roll for 27 inches by 13.5 feet, I’d still like to put it in my bathroom above the tile since I would not need more than 2 rolls.

5. KennyT123 says:

Absolutely gorgeous–I’m thinking Hollywood Regency–would look just gorgeous as a backdrop to a suite of Billy Haines furniture. Take off the plastic furniture covers and you have a room suitable for Joan Crawford.

6. Hanna Morchant says:

I’ve been looking for a paint color to go in my burgundy and black tiled, deco leaning bathroom.
    I wanted pink but needed the right pink. But now I think the blush plumes might be just the thing.
    Especially since my tiny upstairs bath could probably be done with just one roll for above the tile.
    I love it!