Search Results

1. Tickled Pink says:

Love your site! I have the mack daddy of all pink bathrooms – two rooms of pink – wall tile, floor tile, sinks, toilet, tub…all glorious venetian pink. But – I am looking for the towel bars that rest between the ceramic (pink) ends on the wall. They are made of wood and circumference is square, I think, and covered with some kind of slick off white tape kind of material. Any idea where I can find a match? I found some clear plastic ones at an old hardware store but they are too small in diameter and clear. Please advise. Thanks

2. Chrissie says:

Greetings ,

I recently purchased a heaping box lot of vintage wallpaper from an estate sale . To my surprised I found 5 panels of a James Seeman golden wall mural . The instructions say Ko-Bai , but written on the edges of the numbered panels are “Sakai Block ” James Seeman Studios 1957 . This thing is huge ! lol Where can I find information on it or James Seeman .

Thanks !

1. Pam Kueber says:

Hi Chrissie, congrats! Alas, I don’t know where you can find more info on James Seeman.

3. Dale Mohr says:

Hello,
    I have a 1973 Admiral electric stove (with lower & upper ovens + 4 burners). The lower oven quit working and the problem is either with the selector switch or the rheostat temp setter. Can such parts be restored, or is there some source for these parts? The Model #:
    DEC-3028-HG359. (This number is absolutely correct.)
    Thanks.

Dale

1. Pam Kueber says:

See our Kitchen Help/Appliances subcategory — story on where to potentially find help is right at the top.

4. Darrell W Kuykendall says:

Trying to find a Kohler New Orleans blue Farmington bathroom sink or a New Orleans Blue undermount bathroom sink. Any ideas?

5. Jenny says:

Hi there,
    My mother is trying to recreate a look from her parent’s backyard, and they had a lamppost very similar to the P5419, but the supports holding the “hat” to the lamp were ornate, not just straight skinny supports. Does anyone know what style this is? Would love to find this for her.
    Thanks 🙂

6. I am in love with the original linoleum that came with the 1972 trailer (not to mention the avocado bathroom ceramic.) I would like to send you a photo. Can you email me a link?

1. Pam Kueber says:

There’s a contact box at the bottom of the page. Connect and I can give you the email address. Note, though, that all our research on flooring is in the Kitchen Help/Flooring subcategory here — https://retrorenovation.com/category/kitchen/flooring/

And: Be aware that the materials used in our old homes, trailers included, may contain hazardous material – get with your own professional to assess what you are working with so that you can make your own informed decision. For more info >> https://retrorenovation.com/renovate-safe/

7. John Rose says:

I am looking for a Emerson Pyrne Blo-fan model 210 wall switch and motor. Not sure if I can rebuild the motor I have or not, but for sure I need the multi-speed switch. Its from 1955. Any ideas?

1. Pam Kueber says:

John, I am not an expert on this and this is not a fixit site. On questions like this, try to find professionals who can advise. Good luck.

8. chatty patty says:

I’m looking for replacement the double steel tube table leg tips any ideas where to find,,,,rubber or plastic ?

9. charlene tucker says:

I seen some wallpaper on website flowered with your name where can I see the wallpaper

10. Karin says:

Hi Pam,
    In case it’s not on your radar yet, I thought I’d share a tip on a great new retro style fridge we just bought from HD. It’s a Caloric. it looks like a North American answer to the Smeg, but roomier inside, which sealed the deal for us. Some things I like about it are the gorgeous streamline Art Deco chrome handles, the nifty rounded top and the magnetic sides, which keep the fridge magnet creep under control and the front tidy. The price is better than some retro styles. It’s counter depth, which makes me very very happy. I opted for the Onyx, which is a subtle glittery gunmetal. It looks like stainless, but with no fingermarks (yay!). It’s quite tall, so we had to remove the small kitchen cabinet that was over the old fridge. No big deal. If they had aqua or jadeite as a color choice, it would have been absolute perfection, but overall, I’m thrilled with it.

Comments are closed.