Yesterday we learned that Bootz Industries makes two models of porcelain on steel, retro style hudee rim bathroom sinks. Wouldn’t you know it — they make two styles of metal rim sinks for the kitchen, too — both a single and double bowl variety that can be easily and inexpensively ordered through HD Supply.
Reader Tappan Trailer Tami is tipped us off to the availability of these kitchen sinks. She writes:
Bootz Garnet double bowl, 4 hole kitchen sink price through HD Supply $69.29. Note: this is for the 4 hole sink, guess you’d have to call HD to see if they can also get the 3, or 5 hole versions. Hudee ring for this sink through HD Supply $34.39. Total cost with ring $103.68. [Editor's note -- yes, HD Supply has excellent customer service, in our experience. Call them if you need more information, you should set up an online account first, they say -- this will make talking to the Special Orders department go faster.]
Bootz Topaz single bowl kitchen sink through HD Supply $57.95, hudee ring for single bowl kitchen sink through HD Supply $28.85. Total cost with ring $86.80. Note: this is for the 4 hole sink, guess you’d have to call HD to see if they can also get the 3, or 5 hole versions. [Editor's note -- yes, HD Supply has excellent customer service, in our experience. Call them if you need more information, you should set up an online account first, they say -- this will make talking to the Special Orders department go faster.]
Thank you, T3, you rock!
We believe that porcelain over steel is a period-correct choice for both bathroom and kitchen sinks. Pam says that in her 1951 house, the original Briggs tubs were enameled steel, and so were the hudee-rimmed bathroom sinks, she thinks. Here’s what Bootz Industries has to say about its kitchen sinks:
Dual Purpose Undermount or Self-Rimming Application
- The extra space combined with classic styling makes kitchen chores a breeze.
- Mounting rim not included.
- To be used in an undermount or self-rimming installation.
- Available in 4-hole faucet punch. 3 or 5-hole available upon request.
BOOTZ PORCELAIN ON STEEL KITCHEN SINKS
The Bootz Garnet double-bowl sink has a durable porcelain surface that is easy to clean and maintain. Porcelain on steel sinks have a non-porous glass surface that resists scratching, chemicals, heat and bacteria growth. Bootz kitchen sinks remain “timeless” in design and installation. Consumer preference continues to grow for “porcelain on steel” fixtures installed with ceramic tile.
- Totally inorganic and environmentally friendly – nontoxic, mineral substance
- Fade proof – colorfast (color is in it, not on it)
- Sanitary – a nonporous surface that resists bacteria growth and cleans easily
- Flame proof – will not burn
- Abrasion resistant – will not scratch from wear and cleaning
- Chemical resistant – resistant to harsh chemicals
- Corrosion resistant – will not rust
Three manufacturers of metal-rimmed kitchen sinks:
This brings our total count of available hudee rim kitchen sink sources to three including:
- The Kohler Delafield kitchen sink — enamel on cast iron
- Five designs of metal rim kitchen sinks — enamel on cast iron — from Ceco Sinks
- And these two designs — enamel on steel — from Bootz.