nancys-pink-poodle-bathroom

nancys-pink-poodle-curtainsNancy is the official reader representative on the  Save the Pink Bathrooms website. I really needed a reader to help me illustrate our quest… I remembered her great bathroom from the post a year ago (exactly one year about today, actually!) and asked her if she were game to help with another photo showing off a quintessential pink bathroom. Thank you so much, Nancy!  Nancy wholeheartedly embraced her pink bathroom way before I even had the blog. She writes: “My husband and I are restoring a 1959 split-level home back to its original midcentury glory. Luckily, most of the original fixtures and features were never updated – including a pink bathroom! In fact, our pink hall bathroom is part of what sold us on the house.” Nancy found the vintage plastic poodle curtains, left, just last week. Her poodle accessorizing is now complete, she says, so you won’t be competing with her if you go after this MIB inventory heading forward.

CategoriesPink Bathrooms
  1. Delaine says:

Iam desperate for some floor tile like yours to repair my pink bathroom. Previous owner must have broken a bunch of them and filed the hole in with concrete. I was able to remove the concrete and had the idea of removing some of the original tiles from the middle of the floor and relocate to the areas to be patched, however I am having a difficult time removing the ‘good floor tiles’ in one piece. I did look at the Nemo site – but the larger squares seem to have a marbled effect, where mine seem to be solid color.

Hope someone can help either with ideas of how to get good tiles removed or buy some to match.

2. Elaine Stark says:

So I am still looking for a shower curtain that is similar to the one shown. If anyone has one that exact one or is similar please let me know. I am willing to pay whatever it is worth.

3. Elaine Stark says:

I am desperatly looking for that shower curtain for my daughters bathroom. Can you please direct me in the right direction!!!

1. pam kueber says:

Elaine, desperation is futile in such endeavors. Watch etsy.com and ebay and make humble offerings to the retro decorating gods. BTW, if I see vintage shower curtains, I always post them on my ebay carousels and my etsy favorites. So check here daily to be the early bird that catches the worm… err, elusive poodle shower curtain. BTW there ARE fabrics with poodles. See my Osgoods post. You could probably make a shower curtain.

4. Glamorlux Nancy says:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!!! i sorta wish our bathroom had even more pink (tile up the wall, etc.), but I think in ’59 they were trying to “stream-line” a bit.
    Robert – You are correct… the toilet seat is a replacement. I ordered one from “Color Direct Toilet Seats”. They send you a kit with color chips, and you match it to your toilet, then send them a form with the color you want. I’m fairly satisfied with the match, however it would be nice to find a real vintage one!
    Gretchen – Can’t even remember why I initially picked poodles for this bathroom – ha, ha! I have flamingos in our basement half-bath, which is all white. So, you could work your flamingos in with any color =)
    Again, thanks Pam and everyone for making my bathroom famous!
    Nancy

5. Robert says:

Hello,

If I see this right, the toilet seat color is a bit off from the porcelain.

I notice because I am almost sure that the porcelain is the same color of my mothers in her master bath. I am sure it is the same toilet. They bought the house in 1973 and it had a white toilet seat and my dad went to one of those have old color item plumbing stores and got one that was a exact match. However, it had a workmanship flaw but that wasn’t too noticeable and that was in 1973.

Since, over the years that seat succomed and we have never been able to get that exact match in one.

Where to go to get that exact match?

Off subject but out of necessity, my mother is going to assisted living next week so within a year our ownership of that property will be no longer. Of course it is a big change and move for my mother so please keep her in your thoughts.

If I can, when it gets vacated, I will try to snap a picture or two of the bathrooms. The main one is gray.

Regards,
    Robert

1. adam richards says:

most everyone has a professional painters store or an automotive body shop (that of course does painting). well, get you some paint chips some place, get as close a match as possible to your toilet, and have some custom paint mixed up. then, have the body shop paint your toilet seat for you (disassemble it first though)

6. MrsErinD says:

I just LOVE that bathroom! ( I have seen the other pics!) That is my other most favorite pink bathroom ever besides my Mom’s, I am crazy about poodles too! Just a perfect job!

7. Fiona - Notorious Kitsch says:

I LOVE that shower curtain! How has a shower curtain survived in such fabulous condition?

Love everything about it, off to dream about moving to US and owning a fab 50’s home with a pink bathroom

Fiona