H

Hall-Mack Coronado reproduction bathroom hardware — and lots of supply parts — from Larsen Supply Company

Commenting on my FAQ about where to find things like replacement chrome soap dishes and other bathroom hardware parts, reader Lauren suggested we take a look at the Larsen Supply Company. Indeed, it’s a keeper. Looks like this company wholesales a line of reproduction Hall-Mack bathroom hardware — repro Coronado towel bars and rings, a soap and toothbrush holder, a toilet paper holder — and two styles of robe hook in a size I find most desirable.

I also like the look of the Modern line, and especially that matchy matchy glass shelf on chrome brackets. In addition, take a look through this catalog, and you will see that Larsen has a 1920s or 1930s simple, “Decko” line of bathroom hardware… and, they have numerous options for parts. Now, if you want these… you are going to have to track them down. Head over to their home page to see the retailers that they service, which include: Ace Hardware, Handy Hardware, HWI, Orgill Bros., and True Serv. Snaps to you, Lauren, many thanks for this great tip!

1. Jeff Cooke says:

Hello to all looking for Hall-Mack parts. I was trying to locate the wall brackets for vintage towel bars , but it turned out that wasn’t an easy thing to do. I asked my son to make me one with a 3-D printer and IT WORKS . He recently uploaded a 3-D print file to Thing i Verse so you can print out a replacement part . It is similar to the original pot metal version. 1 and 1/2 by 1 inch . It’s a super easy DIY.

2. John Bird says:

I was w/Hall-Mack in sales for many yrs. back in the 60’s & 70’s. The part you want is a S600 o/s (old style). Google Nutone/Broan, Nutone bought Hall-Mack back in ’76. Call customer service & tell them you need the HM S600 o/s wall plate, pot metal. Hope this helps you.

John Bird

3. Susan Komczyk says:

As a manufacturer of Hall Mack-like reproductions, do you make the revolving tooth brush holder, or do you have any plans to? I’ve been trying to track one down and when they show up for auction or sale they are instantly scooped up and selling for around $300. , even though the condition could terrible. Have you ever considered bringing them back?

4. Grant Mitchell says:

John, I have Hall Mack towel bars and one of the mounting plates has the two nubs at the top broken off. There are no screw holes on this plate. I tried prying it off with no luck at all. Makes me think that plate may have had a spike on the back for driving into a stud to be tiled around later. Can you tell me more about these mounts?

5. Grant Mitchell says:

I have a Hall Mack towel bar with a mounting plate that has no screw holes. Is this secured with mastic/grout or is there something else holding this in place like a spike? Tried with no luck to remove it. I have plates with screw holes that I could replace it with if I could manage to remove it.

6. Nancy says:

Just bought 2 pieces, soap holder and tumbler holder, new in box on ebay for $30 with shipping. Can’t beat that. Check ebay.

7. Denise says:

Hi! In my house, I have all Hallmack bathroom accessories in my bath room. I am trying to replace the towel rack holder. I can not figure out how the wall anchors are adhered to the wall.
    PLEASE! Could you look at one of the wall mounts and tell me, or show me what is on the back of this?