We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming with breaking news: The New York Times has done a big ole story on the resurgence of vintage pink bathrooms — spotlighting our little Save The Pink Bathrooms quest and moreover: Readers Glamorlux Nancy… Janice… and Nora… as well as advertiser John of deabath.com… flickr friend Tamelyn… and STPB commenter Michael. Oh my goodness gracious, it’s not every day you see pink bathrooms on the front page of the New York Times (well, online version, at least). The big photo inside is Nancy, glamming it up in her pink poodle bathroom. And, there’s a whole sidebar story about Nora, who, with the help of reader Christopher, I also was able to connect to Times writer Kate Murphy. Thanks to everyone for participating, you done good for pink bathrooms!
This post isn’t just a yeehaw!, though. I want to welcome new folks coming in via the NYT and point you to some of the additional back stories about the readers featured:
- Read more about Nancy’s pink poodle bathroom here.
- Read more about Nora and her time capsule pink and blue bathroom and pink-countertop kitchen here. Oh, and Nora sent a thank-you note, as well.
- Check out Janice’s 1960s/70s kitchen renovation.
- Do you want to read even more about pink bathrooms? There’s tons on the STPB site — but even more in my pink bathrooms category.
- Otherwise…. just noodle around… it’s a retro wonderland… and we are a friendly and welcoming bunch!
Readers — Be sure to check out the entire New York Times story on “Bathrooms – Pretty in Pink” (gift link)… along with the lovely sidebar on Nora (gift link), who wisely advises, “If you love something, it never goes out of style.”